Chapter 4

i added way too many gifs in this one💀

By morning, I had a happy smile on my face as I went home, our sleepover was super fun, and my mood had changed from, ugh life sucks, to yay! today will be wonderful! "You seem happy, Mom laughed as i entered our house.

"I am! last night was so fun! I exclaimed. "You have no idea." Me and Alya laughed a lot last night, and she was my very best friend after all. We trusted each other. So much so i could literally tell her anything.

"I'm glad you had fun, Mom smiled, sipping coffee as i head to my bedroom and greeted Tikki. "Sorry i made you stay here, I apologize. "It's fine, your intentions were good, Tikki smiled. "Which means, your heart is still good."

I weakly smile, i know that at some point i will give in to the darkness as Marinette, when will that day come? I don't know, and certainly, I don't want that to ever happen. I sighed, i needed something to do.

And today, i had a bad feeling... someone was going to get akumatized. "Tikki, we have patrolling to do! i say, the last akuma was over a week ago now and i needed to patrol today? yes. 

___________________________________________________________

The city was nice, but i knew something was wrong as i swung to a new building, closer to the Eiffel tower. I wasn't focused on the other things besides looking for any akuma or Hawkmoth for that matter.

"What is happening, M'lady?"

Startled, I jumped and turned around to see that familiar face greet me. 

I roll my eyes

I roll my eyes. "Patrolling, you idiot. Besides, i didn't even call you, why are you here?" He placed his hand over his heart. "Ouch, that hurt, M'lady, anyways, i saw you up here and got confused." I sighed. "Well, i suppose I was going to ask you to help patrol."

His eyes widened and a big grin appeared on his face. Chat Noir is never serious and that bothers me, honestly. Sure, he's got a good sense of humor but just uses it in the wrong situations. I kept glancing for anything suspicious.

"Bugaboo, just face it, nothing here is suspicious, Chat said. I groaned. "I told you a million times not to call me that, anyways, i am being cautious and careful." He nodded."Well, purrincess, Id say Hawkmoth is being pretty chill today."

If Adrien had called me that, I would be blushing like a tomato right now.

"You know Chat, he has something planned, I say. "Why else would this past week be chill?" "Yeah, that is true, Chat agreed, looking over on the left side. "So please, take this seriously for once, I tell him. 

"Alright."

Then, we noticed a purple butterfly in the distance, and start to following it, I managed to capture it in my yoyo, the man that was being targeted turned around. "L-Ladybug? C-Chat Noir? He asked.

"You were about to be akumatized, I softly smile. "Don't worry, we got the akuma." He thanked us and went along with his day. "Hawkmoth is being pretty stupid right now, Chat Noir smirked. I smirked as well. "For once, I'm agreeing with you."

He smiled. "Good, because i am a smart kitty." "Ugh, I whine. "We just stopped an akuma and you are already being cocky." "That's just my personality, bugaboo, Chat winked at me, I sigh. Under different circumstances and with Adrien, I would have blushes for sure.

So if i do imagine him saying that, then i would be totally red.

"So, we can go back to our ordinary lives? Chat asked. "Not yet, I reply. "there is still evil in the air."  Chat sniffed. "I don't smell any evil." I gave him a death glare then he stopped. As soon as patrolling ended, I went home.

Luckily, it wasn't too late out at all. 

"Tikki, Chat was being super annoying! I whine

"Tikki, Chat was being super annoying! I whine. "Marinette, it is okay, Tikki said calmly. "You are partners, after all, platonically of course." "I know that, but does he? I ask, crossing my arm."I mean, he still flirts with me 247, i want him to stop and see me as just a friend."

"The only way to do that, is reject him."

"And i did! I whine. "A million times, in fact! Gosh, i need to tell Adrien first before being rude to Chat." I blushed as soon as his name came out of my mouth. "Snap out of it, Marinette! Tikki said, before laughing.

I laughed nervously."Yeah, i should really stop blushing at everything." Tikki nodded. "Do you need help?" I shook my head."Nope, thinking about how to stop Hawkmoth for good." Tikki eyed me suspiciously but went back to eating the macaroon i gave her.

But i really was thinking of how to stop Hawkmoth, or at least figure out who he was. I sighed, plopping on the sofa in my room which was pink, that fit the theme and tried to think about other things, besides hawkmoth and Adrien of course.

I suddenly heard booming and saw thunder, and rain, so it was finally raining. Reminded me of the new york trip.

Oh yeah, that moment.

I said i love you on the street, still chasing after Adrien, i can see my desperation there. It had been only 4 months since then, and I completely forgot about it until i saw the rain. "Marinette, what is wrong? Tikki asked.

"Nothing, just thinking about things. that's all."

I love you, Adrien.