Chapter 3 : Human Names

The very next day. Celestial Palace. Airi's POV.

Ever since last night, I grew tremendously weary. But it wasn't my wings that exhausted me, it was King Jun that did. Whenever I look back at what had happened between me and that horrible demon, my heart clenches painfully. Just thinking about what would happen from now on makes my tummy churn with madness.

"Milady? Have you awoken yet? It is quarter before noon starts, and your lessons are yet to begin without you." It was Gabriel, speaking from behind the other side of the white door. I proceed to let my mind wander away from all the duties I have for today, wanting to just lie in bed the whole day, scared that once I do open that white door, Gabriel will be there to surely find out about last night.

But who am I to say that tomorrow and the following days would be different? Indeed, there is really no escape from this, and even if I keep myself isolated from everything, I'm sure that King Jun will finally release news of my Golden Wings. I shut my eyes close for a moment, hearing the wondrous sound of wind gently billow the clouds from outside.

Finally, I rise from my bed and saunter to open the door. Upon meeting direct eye contact, I burst myself to say, "I'm sorry. I must have been too overjoyed last night that caused me to delay my slumber." Gabriel, without doubt, smiles. "I am glad you have enjoyed your trip to the valley, milady. Well then, for today, why don't we take a rest from the lessons."

My cheeks align a smile. "Then, is it okay to have tea by the Cloud Garden with my guardians today? It's been an awfully long time since I've came there for a cup of tea." "Of course, Milady. Anything you want. If you'll excuse me, I will get right on that task and inform the servants to prepare for it." He climbs down to a different staircase leading to another part of the palace, leaving me to stroll down the grand staircase with my long white flowing dress alone.

...

Meanwhile. Purgatory Palace.

"This is such an odd sight to behold. Don't you agree so, Verin?" said Cresil, observing King Jun pat Cerberus' snout with a malicious, yet agreeable grin. Verin takes his own perspective on it and says, "Now that you have mentioned it, it seems that King Jun is in high spirits today. Do you perhaps think that it had something to do with where he had set off last night?"

"What are you two spying about with our King?" It was Bael, speaking highly of his intelligence, again. Verin leans back against a tall pillar, "See for yourself what our King has become today." After a minute or so of examination, Bael agrees that he is, indeed, in a good mood.

"It sounds to me that he has went to visit his Queen to be, Persephone." "Nonsense! I tell you, our King has no interest in Princess Persephone whatsoever. That, I know for sure." says Verin, face plastered with extreme sureness of what he had just said. Cresil takes a deep breath out, "Whatever the reason it is that he has gotten in this type of mood. I just hope that he release an order of destruction soon. Having not use my powers for a very long time, weakens my system.."

...

Back to Heaven. Cloud Garden. Airi's POV.

"This is wonderful! I missed this place so much!" said Uriel. "I have to say the same thing. It's been such a long time, hasn't it." said Sachael. I place two white sugar cubes onto my tea, watching it break into tiny particles. Gabriel's reflection mirrors on my tea, I raise my head up to see a beautiful plate of cupcakes and other sweet treats I favour.

"Wow! Where have you gotten the ingredients for this cupcakes, Gabriel? I thought they only bloom during Winter season." I spoke, getting excited just by looking at it. He smiles, "I have acquired them through a passing merchant the other day. I thought of saving it up till the coronation, but I could not stop myself from serving them today."