××Chapter 2××

×20 years later...×

×Annie is 27×

×Al is 25×

Anna woke up and made breakfast for her father, brother, and mother as usual. Her father came into the room, with Alastor following close behind.

"Is that father's coat?" Annie mouthed to Alastor. He nodded and she smiled sweetly. Seeing her brother succeed was the only thing she wanted nowadays. She always daydreamed about how things would be if she had gone to school. What she would be doing instead of slaving over a stove...

"Hey! You imbecile, you burnt my food!" Jonathan yelled, slapping Annie across the face and snapping her out of her peaceful daydream, bringing her back to the chaotic world that she had to wake up to every morning. She sighed and apologized, throwing out the food and starting a new batch. Alastor watched helplessly as his sister was abused, too afraid to intervene. The expression on his face looked like he wanted to strangle his father for it. Once Annie had finished serving the men, she took her mother's food to her. She sat down on a chair at her mother's bedside.

"Hey, momma.. I made pancakes today! Want any?" She chirped, trying to be as positive as possible. The thought of her mother dying to this disease plagued her mind, but was pushed back by Annie's charming nature.

"No, I wouldn't want ya to go hungry, Anna.." Her mother responded in her now normal raspy voice. Annabella frowned and she looked down at the plate. Her mother was right. She hadn't made a plate for herself yet.

"Momma, you need nutrition to fight this! The doc said so." She argued, stabbing a piece with a fork and feeding it to her mother. Her mother rolled her eyes and chewed the food.

"Amazing as always, my love.." Her mother complemented, caressing her daughter's cheek. Annie giggled, continuing to feed her mother. After she had fed her half the pancakes, her mother insisted that Annie take the rest. Annie obeyed and sat down at the table, Jonathan and Alastor having left now. She ate the food, hearing Alastor and Jonathan coming in from outside.

"Hey Al. Where's Papa?" Annabella asked, looking up from her plate.

"Oh. He had to.. Tend to his duties. His business is a handful, y'know." Alastor responded calmly, sitting down at the table. They started chatting when they decided to visit their mother, only to see her lying there, lifeless.

"MOMMA!!" Anna screamed, rushing to her mother's side. Tears streamed down her face. Alastor was left speechless, tears also falling.

"No, no, NO!! Please, momma! Don't leave us!!! NO!!!!" Anna continued, shaking her mother until her arms ached. She ran to Alastor and hugged him, searching for comfort. Alastor patted her back as her wiped tears from both of their faces. They decided to bury her in the backyard, avoiding a certain spot by Alastor's request. It seemed weird, but Annabella shrugged it off. After that, they continued with their lives, Alastor becoming more and more protective over his sister yet not being around during the night as much. As the years went by, eventually Alastor would leave the house at about 1AM and come back at 3, continuing with his day as normal. Is concerned his sister, but she supported her brother through everything. But, she noticed that people were going missing. One or two per week. Sometimes more. It worried her. The headlines were going haywire.

'LOUISIANA'S MOST BRUTAL KILLER STRIKES AGAIN!' the papers would say. Though, Alastor looked fine. Calm, in a time when a killer was running around and murdering just about anyone. They killed at random, and the only similarity between the killings was that there was always a radio sitting at the scene, playing jazz music. The killer was therefore known as...

'The Radio Killer'

×End of Chapter×