Ch 3. Shotguns and Smiley Faces

Authors Note: New Chapters will come every Thursday at 7 pm EST

~Milo~

As we all make our way upstairs each of us takes our spot at the table filled with piles and piles of food. I can hear the footsteps upstairs indicating Angela's probably been woken up by Amelia and summoned for food. Much to my chagrin, knowing Angela she'll freak if she sees me like I am, I do what I can to hide my face as she makes her way downstairs and try to hide behind Zelan's profile as best I can as she takes her seat at the table.

Ang takes a seat near Amelia on the far side of the table putting Exodus, Kil, and Zelan in the way of her seeing me giving me a chance to breathe a sigh of relief. Everyone begins digging into the mountains of food on the table, Zelan grabs some of the sausage links and a pile of chocolate chip waffles, while I help myself to the biscuits and gravy and some cheesy scrambled eggs.

Amelia assesses each of our plates from her position at the head of the table ensuring we're eating acceptable amounts of food. She smiles contently before looking at Luci who exclusively grabbed bacon strips shoveling them into his mouth. "Luci. You had best add something healthy to your plate," she says quickly.

Luci scoffs, "Or what? You gonna take my phone again?" he says in a mocking tone. Amelia gives him a devilish look before gesturing to Nellis. As he palms his phone in his hand while he takes a bite from a hashbrown.

"I downloaded all of your phone's data to mine last night, and if you don't listen to Amelia I'll be leaking it to everyone in the city. And before you try to take it, I assure you that would be a mistake." Nellis says with manic glee. Luci swallows before quietly grabbing some toast and potatoes wedges while miming a middle finger to Nellis. "While I have everyone's attention there's something you should all be made aware of that I found this morning." Everyone perks up with a sudden interest in Nellises update. "First, two of our classmates were officially declared missing last night by the police department and search teams are being recruited in hopes of finding them. Jordan Springer and Sarah Myers." Nellis says.

Jordan and Sarah were a year above Zelan and me. I knew Jordan pretty decently enough to call him a friend. He was a cool guy, he smoked weed every once and a while went to parties like your average high school kid. Now that he's missing it's kinda crazy to think about. Hopefully, nothing happened to him, granted he probably went out with Sarah to go and do something crazy so it wouldn't rule anything out.

Luci interrupts Nellis. "Oh, I know where they went." Everyone stares at Luci for a moment waiting for him to choke down his piece of toast. "They went up to the old quarry a couple of miles from town to the lover's lookout." Both Zelan and I shoot up from our seats.

"Then, let's go they could be in danger!" Zelan says with me agreeing quickly. Exodus stands up from his seat quickly and stares us down with a dangerous glare.

"Absolutely not. You two can contact the proper authorities and inform them of what we know, I will go, alone to try to find them. Understood?" he says in an icy cold tone. Everyone stares at Exodus with a look of shock never seeing him this assertive before. "It's not somewhere you can be trusted to go. It's dangerous." Exodus says as he looks at Amelia as if communicating with her telepathically. Without another word Exodus excuses himself from the table, pulls on his grey dress shoes and wraps his black scarf around his neck, and walks out the door.

Those of us remaining at the table stare dumbfounded at where Exodus was just standing as if he'd just slapped all of us with his thinly layered insult. Luci breaks the silence "Who pissed in his cheerios?" Angela lets out a small snort at Luci as we all slowly turn to look at Amelia as if asking permission to go after Exodus. Amelia regards all of us before looking at Nellis.