Chapter Five

Malaysia turned on the bed, not wanting to wake up. She was exhausted and didn't even want to move an inch. Then, she caught the fragrance of oak and manliness in the bedroom--A scent she did not recognize. She snapped her eyes open and snarled as she sat up, raising her hands, claws out.

"What the hell happened?"

Alec stood in front of a door, arms at his back. "Simple, everyone has a price."

Her eyes narrowed into pinpoints as she recalled what had happened. She had been a fool to believe Anastasia truly had wanted to help her. She had been bribed by this bastard. When she stood to attack, she froze at the realization that she was in her birthday suit. Within seconds, she held the blanket around herself for protection.

"What happened?" She asked again, her voice trembling.

"Don't worry. Nothing happened between us. Your wolf came to the pack house and shifted as she walked onto the balcony. I carried you to my bedroom."

She shot daggers at him. "Get me some damn clothes." The grin on his face made her fume. When she tried to leave, he grabbed her by the shoulder and pushed her against the wall. A snarl erupted from her lips, which he returned. The power of it made her whimper and she hated it.

"Forgive me, but you will not be leaving the pack house until I can trust you."

Her eyes grew wide. "You're out of your mind! This is kidnapping!"

What sort of psycho would ever think something extreme like this would ever work with anyone!

She struggled against him until he shoved her on the bed. Tears fought to rise as she stared at the bedsheets, clenching the soft fabric in her fists. "If you're trying to win me over--This isn't the way. On the contrary, you're making me hate you."

He didn't say a word and exited the bedroom. She lurched to her feet and tried the knob to realize he had locked it. In frustration, she banged her fists against the door before kicking it. Tears fought to rise as she leaned against it.

She had to find a way out fast before her friends came, which she was certain they would. They would be greatly outnumbered. Her heart ached at the thought of them getting hurt because of her. No. She wasn't going to allow that to happen.

Later, a young man brought her clothes. He put them on the bed and left without saying a word or sparing her a glance. One look at the clothes and she hated them. However, she had no other choice but to wear them. Once she was dressed, she began to look through the room for anything she could use as a weapon. Her friends had taught her that anything in her hands could be as deadly as a bullet.

She held a pen in her hands when the door creaked open. As she whirled around, she tossed it with all the strength she could muster, but Alec caught it right out of the air, a smug look on his face. "Feisty."

"Alec, please let me go." When he ignored her, she growled and moved, claws out.

He caught her arm, lips parted to flaunt his canine teeth. "The second you turned, you should have been brought to me. Sierra broke the law by keeping you in her home. For a year, I allowed you to remain there, but not anymore." When his eyes lingered on her lips, fear swept through her and she jerked her hand out of his hold, creating distance between them. "You could have shifted and hurt someone--"

"I didn't--I've been able to keep the wolf at bay. Of course, until you intervene."

He stepped closer, grasping her chin to force her to look at him. "Those fools have no knowledge of our race. Strays don't last long on their own. If a adversary pack doesn't find them and kill them, slowly, they lose their minds." His eyes lingered on her lips again. "I had to find a way to get you home."