Chapter Ten: End Part One

"Rise child," Arius said.

Dayana listened and hugged him. "They are not our enemy."

Arius cold eyes feel upon Malaysia. "I'll be the judge of that." When he pulled away from Dayana, Quin ran past Elias and Malaysia, down the grand stairs and into his opened arms, giggling. In that moment, Arius smiled and didn't seem as petrifying.

"I'm glad you're finally back!" She held his hand as he began to walk toward the study, Dayana a couple of steps behind. "Did you bring me something from France?"

Ethias appeared beside them, buttoning his shirt, hair a mess. Malaysia narrowed her eyes when Sierra walked toward them, braiding her hair, cheeks rosy. 

"I hope negotiations went well."

Elias knitted his eyebrows together. "He was supposed to return in six months. I have doubts that things went as he expected."

At that moment, Malaysia realized that the agreement of them staying for six months hadn't been because they needed such time to train to be able to defeat Joel, but because Ethias wanted everyone out before his father arrived, a man said to despise every race except his own.

Ethias descended the stairs and halted, glancing over his shoulder at Elias. "He probably wants to talk to both of us."

Elias chuckled. "As the older brother, I think--" Ethias grabbed him by the hand and forced him to follow him. Malaysia couldn't help but smile at their childish behavior. 

She turned to head for her bedroom only to be stopped by Dayana. "Come with me."

Malaysia's heart beat went wild as she was led to the study. Inside, Ethias stood beside Elias, both with looks that told her she was not going to like what was going to be said. Quin sat on one of the chairs beside the large window that allowed the sunlight to peek through, reading a book.  

Arius glanced at Ethias and waited for something. "Boy, go get your beloved."

Ethias didn't move. "I would prefer if you left her out of this."

Malaysia stared at Ethias in utter disbelief. Had he dared make a blood bond with Sierra? 

Arius sighed, seeming annoyed. "Don't make me get her myself."

When Arius stood, Ethias hissed and blocked his way. "Since I was sixteen, I've done everything you've asked of me...never questioning you. Leave her out of this."

Arius grabbed him by the shirt and hissed. "You should have never made a blood bond with her. She is human...Have you learned nothing? She will never be able to birth a child...." He released Ethias. "There are many seeking our weaknesses...and now both of you have created two." Elias stood frozen, clenching his hands at his sides, knuckles turning white. 

"If our blood bond causes so much issue, then break it." Malaysia held her chin high, even though she was trembling. "You can ask Dayana--"

"Break it?" Arius glared at her. "In order to break a blood bond, the vampire must be sacrificed."

Her heart dropped to the ground at the revelation. "W--What?" Elias tried to get close to her, but she shoved him back, fighting back tears. "Why would you lie to me?"

"I didn't lie...I simply didn't you tell you all the details."

"I expected better from both of you--You know how things will end---yet still, you dared fall in love with a human..." His nose wrinkled up in disgust as he glanced at Malaysia. "I would say it was a good thing she is no longer human, but she is a mutt now. A creature that has been our enemy since the beginning."