007 | do you want a hug?

iMESSAGE

luke💸
[7:39pm]

it's sunday right

yeah why what's up

i wanted to know if you wanted
to come over

i don't mind but i thought willow
was staying. where's she tonight?

she's out with friends but like idk
i just assumed she'd be back by
now but apparently not

and i just want to talk to someone

yeah i can come

give me like 30 minutes and i'll be
there

thank you

just park in one of the neightbors
spots they've gone away so they have
a free car spot

did you want me to stay the night?

only if you want to

yeah okay

seen you soon

okay<3

———————

The time had passed by and Lucas arrived at Adalyn's apartment, being let in by her and making their way into the living room. Willow was still yet to be back, so it was just the two of them.

"What's wrong?" he watched her as she fiddled with her ring.

"I just needed company.." she explained. "I've already done everything I can do alone and now I'm bored."

"oh okay," he hesitantly responded, knowing that hearing her say that not even three months ago meant she wanted to hookup with someone. "So what do you want to do then..?"

"I don't know.." she sighed.

"well, we could go out, watch something," he suggested. "I don't think there's much else we can do.. Have you eaten yet?"

"mhm. I had something just before I messaged," she nodded. "Maybe we could watch something then.."

Lucas kept his eyes on the girl as she grabbed the tv remote. "Do you want a hug? you seem upset.." he asked in a soft tone as she nodded.

They both stood up and he held his arms out for her as she took a couple steps closer. Wrapping his arms around her and laying his head on top of hers, which was laying against his chest.

Adalyn never really liked hugs much, unless they were a quick one when being greeted. But recently her view on them had changed, she now enjoyed the comfort of them — especially if they're from Lucas.

While keeping ahold of Adalyn, Lucas looked over his shoulder toward the door as he heard it be unlocked. Giving Willow a small smile as she entered the apartment.

"perfect," she mumbled under her breath, neither of the two currently hugging being able hear her.

"Adalyn," Lucas whispered, softly rubbed her back. "Willow's here now," he explained as she lifted her head up, still keeping their arms around one another.

"hey.." she sort of mumbled to her friend as she watched her come and sit near them.

Lucas loosed his grip on her as she let go of him, turning around to face Willow, now with his arms draped over her.

"Adalyn we need to talk about something.." Willow spoke up, receiving a slow nodded from the other girl.

"Would you two like space?"

"No, it's fine," she reassured Lucas. "I... I can't stay here anymore. It has nothing to do with you.. It's just, I've been given the chance to move to London, finish my degree and work there. And really want to take it."

"That's big," Lucas responded, happy for the girl.

"But-"

"Adalyn.. I get that you're sad but I can't let you stop me from living my dream," Willow cut her off. "I literally told you like what six years ago? That I want to live in London and be a therapist.."

"And now that I'm given the opportunity to, I can't just drop that all for you," she continued. "There's plenty of good therapists here in LA. I could give you one of my college friend's number. There's options other than me."

"You could even call me if you really need it," she added. "I've helped you as much as I could over the past almost three months but it does have to come to an end at some point.."

"Adalyn, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, you need to let her take it," Lucas lent down slightly and whispered to the girl as he still had his arms around. "I know it might be hard now but you'll regret it if you don't let her.."

"when are you leaving?" Adalyn finally spoke up with a small sniffle as she kept her voice low.

"Two weeks.."

She slowly nodded as she stared blankly, down at the table sort of beside her since she didn't want to make eye contact.

"But over that time I do need to stop staying here every night so I can go home and pack," Willow added, receiving another nod. "And to spend time with family and friends here.."

"okay," she mumbled.

"Is it okay if I don't spend the night here tonight?" she asked. "Just see how it goes.. and plus you have Lucas here.."

"okay.."

As Willow went off to her room to grab a few things to take away for the night, Adalyn turn back around in Lucas' arms and buried her head into his chest.

A few tears had fallen from her eyes onto his shirt. "It's okay.." he reassured her, placing a soft kiss on the top of her head as he left his head resting on hers.

Lucas gave Willow a small, quick wave as she had left the apartment. He kept ahold of Adalyn as the room fell into comfortable silence, giving it a few seconds before choosing to speak up.

"Do you want to go watch something in your room?" he suggested as she shook her head against his chest. "Okay we'll stay here a little longer," he said, this time receiving a nod.

[ ₊✧ 💋 ∘* ☁️ ⋆ 🍒 ༉˚ ]

A/N

this lowkey makes me feel bad for her :(