032 | you can't get mad

Jack had left Adalyn's apartment not long before Valentina showed up. The two girls got to talking about Valentina's birthday trip while they waiting for two of their other friends to show up — Naomi unfortunately being at work and unable to make it.

And then once they had, Adalyn let the conversation topic stay on everyone else, since she hadn't seen them for almost a month and wanted to catch up with them all.

"I'm seeing Jack again.." she confessed after they had asked what she was up to now that Eliana had gone back home. "Well it was after their show when we started talking and I still had Ells then."

"And is that going well?" Brooklyn asked.

"umm yeah.." she softly nodded, "We just like talk about everything that happened with like Harvey, he doesn't know about Carter but we're getting there. We're just taking things slow.."

"Good for you, honestly," Brooklyn gave her a smile, quickly glancing at Lexi after remembering the moment where the girl had told Adalyn that Jack hated her but not wanting to mention it to everyone.

"Yeah and they're also having sex," Valentina teased Adalyn.

"No, that's not what happened," Adalyn groaned, tilting her head back and covering her face with her hands for a few seconds before looking back at them. "Eliana was here, I won't ever have sex while she's here."

"I was joking with you," she let out a small laugh. "And Jonah and I definitely didn't have sex that night either," she added with a grin.

"It was your fucking birthday of course you did," Adalyn softly shook her head. "Anyway, there was a really cute moment that night where I was sitting there watching over Eliana and Jack had come and hugged me from behind and like Ells joined and like it was really cute, I want that for myself."

"that's cute.." Lexi mumbled, slightly regret coming over her as she realised how happy he makes Adalyn.

"Wait what? For yourself? What do you mean by that?" Brooklyn furrowed. "I'm confused."

"Do you want a kid again?" Valentina questioned, tilting her head but was also happy that she might have changed her mind. "It's clear that you love Eliana, I think you'd be a good mom."

"oh, um.. I should probably explain.." she hesitantly responded. "I've always wanted a kid but I just say I don't cause when Harvey and I tried, I couldn't get pregnant.. my doctor said there's things I could try but it's just easier to say I don't.."

"oh.." the three collectively mumbled.

"Anyway I went to Jack's place last night after dropping Ells home, well then we came back here but I was bawling my eyes out and I mentioned to him how I want a kid. But he of course doesn't want another kid right now.."

"And he also wants me to take a couple days to get over that initial just dropped her home stage until we talk about anything to do with kids," she continued. "But like I get where he's coming from."

"I actually agree with him," Valentina responded. "Having a kid is a big commitment and he would be the one to know that. Also you might want a kid right now but then nine months time you might be in a different."

"Yeah I know.." she nodded. "And even I can admit that I'm probably just in baby fever stage. Cause even like two months after Harvey and I broke up I was wondering why I even wanted a kid."

"I totally understand why he wants you to actually thinking about it. But you were also in like a heartbreak stage then with Harvey so it makes sense that you didn't anymore," Brooklyn replied, slightly reasoning with the other's past feelings.

"Hey Adalyn.." Lexi gained the girl's attention after the room feel silent for a few seconds. "I kinda feel bad so I need to tell you this. And you can't get mad because you were broken up but Jack and I hooked up. And that's why I had said that hated you because that's what he told me."

"Keep in mind you also hooked up his friend, and it was literally days after he had found that out so he was mad at you," she kept rambling. "I know I shouldn't have because we're friends and I knew you liked him. But we were both also drunk and not really thinking. And I wouldn't have ever done it if I were sober or if you two were still together."

"You know.. I get what you're saying about how I hooked up with his friend and he wanted to get back at me, but I am currently mad and upset with you.." Adalyn calmly responded. "And not because you're my friend and because you shouldn't have done it."

"But because you're saying that you wouldn't have done it if you were sober and him and I were together," she continued. "Because the reason I kissed Corbyn that night at my parents house was because you were flirting with Jack."

"Can I not compliment his tattoos?" she slightly furrowed. "Sorry I didn't know that meant I was flirting.."

"The fact that you don't remember shit but you remember that moment so fucking well," Adalyn scoffed. "Honestly I'd rather you not be here right now."

"Okay well, I'll leave," Lexi stood up. "But also you should be arguing with him not me because he was the one who didn't stop me that night and he was also the one who asked me to hook up.. just saying."

"honestly fuck off," she mumbled under her breath.

Brooklyn slightly furrowed as she watched Lexi walk out the door of the apartment, but Valentina had told her that she would drop her home later if she doesn't want to take an Uber, which she had thanked her for the offer.

"I can't fucking believe her," Adalyn huffed. "Like she could've just left it at the fact they hooked up after him and I broke up because he was mad and I would've been fucking fine."

"I'll be honest, I only knew they kissed and Jack's friends only know they've kissed so I'm surprised that she told you more than that.." Valentina mentioned.

"He told me that he's only hooked up with two girls since we broke up so now I'm wondering who the fuck the other girl is," she rambled. "Cause if it's someone I know I'm actually never seeing him again, I don't care what his reasoning is."

"She's just some random girl he met at a party or something. I won't even lie, I yelled at him when I met her maybe like two weeks ago for still seeing her while also seeing you.." she responded. "But I'm pretty sure he's stopped seeing her now."

"I swear to god I'm not telling him anything else about everything until he fucking talks cause I'm so fucking pissed at him right now.."

[ ₊✧ 💋 ∘* ☁️ ⋆ 🍒 ༉˚ ]

A/N

fourth book to be updated today look at
me go lmao