Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The Boy in the Iceberg

Hope everyone is enjoying the story so far. I am so happy to hear that everyone is really enjoying my story. There's not enough of American Dragon: Jake Long and Avatar: The Last Airbender crossover stories, so I figure to add one of my own ideas into the fanfiction reading world. Plus if you stop to think about the two shows, you'll find that they have a couple of voices actors in the show.

Dante Basco – Zuko and Jake

Mae Whitman – Katara and Rose

Keone Young - Luong Lao Shi and Jeong Jeong

Small world.

Anyway, on with the story.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

It's almost been three years since Zuko was banishment, and Fire Lord Ozai wont lent him back home until he captures the Avatar only then he can regain his honor and be back home where he belongs. 'But it won't get rid of this scar.'

Checking every Air Temple, every Earth Kingdom shines, only to come up empty handed. There were only dusk, twigs and roots scattered all around.

Leaving from one of the Earth Kingdom islands, Zuko's Iron battleship with a spiked prow cuts through the sea. It's steam powered as it has a single smokestack. The foredeck is much longer than the afterdeck. The bridge appears to be several decks above the main deck.

Zuko stands on the foredeck dressed in red, with a shaven headed except for a long ponytail, staring intently at the shaft of light that appeared in front of the ship a few seconds ago.

The feeling of hope and astonishment filled Zuko, as he whispers out one word. "Finally." Before turning to face an old man who was mostly playing a game that looked like solitaire on a low table and having tea. "Uncle, do you realize what this means?" Uncle Iroh looks up to his nephew and ask, "I won't get to finish my game?"

"It means my search - it's about to come to an end." Iroh could only groan at his nephew, this wasn't the first time he hand seen the young man getting worked up that turns out it led him to a dead end.

Zuko points to the beaming light which started to fade away, "That light came from an incredibly powerful source. It has to be him!" Zuko turns back to get a location on where that beam of light was, "Or it's just the celestial lights." Iroh intervene, "We've been down this road before, Prince Zuko. I don't want you to get too excited over nothing. Please, sit. Why don't you enjoy a cup of calming jasmine tea?"

Zuko, not a man to control much of his temper, exploded at his uncle in anger "I don't need any calming tea! I need to capture the Avatar." He yells at the Helmsman his order, "Helmsman, head a course for the light!"

Iroh set down his game piece down as the ship begins to shift, and the wind begins to pick up. It was only a couple of minutes when the sun was starting to set in mid afternoon when Zuko and Iroh heard the Helmsman shouting, "Off to the starboard! Children drifting on an ice caps!"

Everyone rushes over to the starboard edge, looking over the railing Zuko saw two kids nearly being pulled into the icy cold waters, and their clothes by the looks of them were to light for this cold temperature. There was some kind of gray animal with them, it looked like some kind of dog.

"Stop the ship and bring down a rope to them." Iroh order, not liking being delayed on his chase for the Avatar, Zuko knew in his heart he couldn't leave kids to die out here. It's just too cruel, even for him. With the ship's anchor down and the rope ladder tossed over, Zuko quickly climbs down with Lieutenant Jee and another firebender following him while the others hold down on the other end of the rope ladder.