Chapter 16

"they've been gone for a while."

"Really?!??! I had no idea,"

"you know you don't always have to be such an asshole all the time,"

"and you don't always have to point out the obvious,"

"Can you not bicker like a pair of married twats for one minute???" Suigetsu scowled at his least favourite pair.

ever since the two had been reunited, all he could ever hear was a nonstop earache. it was alright when he gave in to the occasional teasing of the bastard — that was funny. and besides, it's not like Suigetsu could ever properly hit a nerve.

that was not the case with Naruto.
at. all.

it was as if the insufferable blonde was designed to perfectly aggravate the Uchiha; constantly at each other's throats.

personally, Suigetsu found it a miracle in itself that the two men could even form a basic conversation together without it resulting in an exchange of knuckles, not even mentioning eating, sleeping, and fighting on the same team for years.

this was beyond words. even Karin didn't bother to argue endlessly, finding her limit after an hour or two. these two could go on for days, weeks even.

his thoughts drifted to Karin.

where was she?
That's enough about her. was sakura okay?

he supposed there wasn't anything he could do to help them. they were an unknown distance below the ground in an enclosed space. he hadn't heard any explosions so they must be keeping somewhat civilised.

"I can't wait any longer," Naruto drew away from Sasuke before he could drill holes into his skull.

"We can't do anything but wait idiot," Sasuke scowled.

"yeah Naruto he's right, anything we do could potentially blow their cover and we'd be doing more harm than good," Suigetsu agreed.

"but I can't just sit here and wait. I feel so useless,"

"get used to it,"

"And what if I don't,"

"I can electrocute you if you want?"

"shut up, you would've even been able to get close enoughhhooOOWW SUIGETSU WHAG WAS THAT FO—,"

"shut up you idiot," Suigetsu clamped his palm over Naruto's still-open mouth, "look," he nodded over to Saburo who was standing with Juggo at the edge of the plane.

"whamff amf i mphookin at?" Naruto slapped Suigetsu's hand away, "what am i looking at?"

"Saburo has been glancing at that spot in the wall this whole time - so obviously that it seems he wants us to notice" Suigetsu rolled his eyes.

"should we check it out?" Naruto whispered,

"no idiot, we'll just continue doing nothing," Sasuke added helpfully before pushing past them to Saburo. the blonde huffed irately before sauntering behind him.

it was clear that Saburo was indeed acting suspicious. the boy had been ignored by most of the team ever since the pub incident which also meant that the observation of him had also been neglected. What's more, they were down a pair of eyes.

as soon as the three boys approached Saburo, he instantly switched stances, turning completely away from the spot he'd been fixated on.

"hey buddy," Suigetsu began, swinging his arm around Saburo's hunched shoulder.

"hey?" he replied tentatively, completely avoiding looking at Sasuke.

"what do you know about this place? I mean you must know tons considering your past here and everything"