The undead lie watching

As time goes on everything around us evolves. The way in which people speak, walk and talk. Humans are designed that way. Without change they grow restless. Before technology, women's rights, and extreme climate change. My Queen. The Mother of all who are damned. Akasha. Her influence still invading my dreams. Her spirit clouding my mind. I roam the earth watching the humans and their mundane activities. Just like the rest of my kind be as there are so few, I sleep for periods of time. Reawakening when humans turn the tide of their world. Advancing , growing and progressing.

    I often think about if the Queen had succeeded with her plan. How the world would look recreated in her image. We wouldn't have the conversations we have today that's for sure. With every great ruler there will be a downfall. The vampire world lie dormant. Cold and unfeeling. Being our number one rule isn't to draw any attention to ourselves. Something a rebellious vampire by the name Lestat, disregard in the the interest of his own gain. Mocking our society. Making humans search for the things that go bump in the night.

     I suppose that is why the mother sought him out. His boldness, lack of fear.  Sharing her ancient power. Exposing him to new abilities. All for him to leave her. For the human now turned vampire. In all of this I watch in silence.  I've come across the oddest collection of creatures. Something like us vampires but not quite. Pale beautiful creatures. I've studied them from the shadows for a few years now. Red eyed beings of strength, speed and some even possess different abilities. They avoid the sun just as we do. Oddly some live in seclusion while other actually mingle with humans from time to time.

    They tend to live in groups or pairs. My favorite coven as they call themselves would be the Egyptians. Seeing as I was born there many many many years ago. I strive to know all. Their leader, Amun. A very paranoid man hides away of the greatest creatures of the dark gift. Benjamin. A raven hair, red eyed young vampire with the ability of elemental manipulation. In his human years I watched as he preformed with those same talents on the street. Dazzling and seeing his fellow humans. The fear of his gift being wasted and those that Amun and many others of his kind fear called the Volturi.
       A trio of foolishness tyrannical self important wannabe kings. Their leader. Aro who has an infinity for "collecting weapons". Every member of their guard having a dangerous ability at his disposal. Witnessing the fear that these undead express when they are mention is laughable. I stay clear of the Italians. Exposing my kind to them would undoubtedly ring their alarms. The very thought of a power greater than the Volturi frightens Aro. Watching over the Egyptian coven has become my favorite pass time. It enables me to learn more about their kind. The similarities between our kind is interesting so are the differences.

    "Keket. How long do you mean to obsess over them?" I smirked at my old name. "For as long as I see fit. There isn't much else for me to do, now is there Marius." The nearly two thousand year old vampire smiled. "You could always help me with my fledglings. A being of your wisdom has so much knowledge to offer." Rolling my eyes at the romaine I sat on the edged the roof. "If that was your way of calling me old in a nice way it didn't work. I don't deal with fledglings. You of all people understand how unstable and moody they can be." Much like human teenagers ,fledglings are unpredictable blood lust creatures. Your master can be interpreted as mother or father figure of the dark gift.

  "You could tell them of the years of wonder while in the presence of the mother. Her beauty, strength and power." I chuckled at his words. "Shall I throw in the bloodshed and horror?" Dusting myself off I stepped back from the edge and watched from the shadows Amun appear. "Will you be telling him that they are coming for the young one?" Marius lowered his voice so that I could only hear. Nodding I dawned my cloak. " I have no need to tell you this but be careful." With that he was gone. My eyes never leaving Amun cloaked figure as he walked human paced through the streets.
I watched as he fed on the outskirts of the city. In a drab and dark alleyway. Standing behind him I wait till he's finished. My presence startling him. "Relax young one. I've come to warn you. The Volturi will be seeking Benjamin." His undead heart beat began to climb at the mention of the Volturi. "How do you know about Benjamin? Do you work with them?" His voice slowly rising. " If you know what is good for your coven. You'll leave as soon as possible." On that note I leave. My speed out matching Amun leaving him confused. In the following days panic within the coven became very evident. Amun wanting to hide away. Benjamin didn't like the idea, he saw it as cowardly.
"You will run away just as you did when the Cullens needed us?" At the mention of the Cullens Amun stiffened with rage. "Carlisle intent was clear. He wishes to protect his family, not recruit an army unlike you." Benjamin words filled with venom rang true. "I am doing what's right for this coven." Amun's voice rang out shaking the temple's walls. "You are only doing what's right for yourself." Shaking my head I enter the hidden temple. "Children please. This is how you choose to heed my warning Amun?" Exposing myself seems to be the only way I could guarantee their safety.
I'm risking my neck for a group of youngling who don't know that I exist. Better than sitting around waiting for the sky to fall.