Chapter Thirty Four-Luca

"Mmm." I let out a heavy sigh as I climbed into our bed next to Charlotte. Everyone had left just a bit ago, and for the first time in what felt like a lifetime, I was finally able to relax.

"Happy to be home?" Char laid down next to me, nestling herself into the crook of my arm.

"Happy doesn't even begin to describe it." I kissed the top of her head. "Is it bad that I want to spend the next seven days just laying in this bed with you?"

Char smirked. "Just laying here, huh?"

"Yep. Just laying here." I winked at her. I had spent the last several weeks literally aching for her, and a much as I was looking forward to making love to my wife, I had never been more content than I was in this moment right here, just holding her in my arms and feeling her heart beat against mine.

"That sounds incredible, but I think the kids would be sad about that." She said. "They've been dying to get you home."

"I know, I've been doing to get home to them, too." I said. "It's funny the things that you end up missing when you don't have them. I was listening to the boys argue over something tonight, and it was like music to my ears."

"I give it about twenty-four hours before you regretting saying that." Char was quiet for a second and then glanced up at me. "I can't believe that this nightmare is really over."

"Well, it's not completely over." I didn't want to damper the excitement of me coming home, but my heart was heavy. This was far from over. In fact, the toughest part was probably yet to come.

Char seemed to know exactly what I was thinking about. "What are you going to do with him?"

"I know what I should do." I said. When it came to betrayal in the mafia world, it was pretty black and white. Carlo should suffer a long and painful death for what he had done. I should make an example of him, show the world that we were not to be messed with. If it was anyone else, I wouldn't even bat an eye. Yet here I was, my mind so messed up by my best friend's betrayal that I couldn't even fully enjoy being home with my family.

"But it's complicated." She said.

"Very." I nodded.

She propped herself up on her elbow. "Look, I just... I want you to know that I support you. Whatever you're going to do... Whatever you feel like you have to do, I support you. And I understand. We can talk about it, or not, or..."

I pressed my lips to hers firmly, cutting her off with a kiss. "Thank you. I honestly don't know what I am going to do yet. I need to think about it. I want to hear what he has to say."

"Okay." Char forced a smile. "Why don't you let me take your mind off of it?"

She pushed the covers to the side, straddling my hips as she dragged her fingers down my bare chest.

"Babe, we don't need to..."

"Shhhh." Char put her finger to my lips, silencing me. "I've been waiting a long time for this."

Maybe she was right. Maybe this was exactly what I needed.

I slipped my hand up her shirt, sliding it over her head. She was so fucking gorgeous, and it still took my breath away to see her in all of her glory. Those dark, messy curls spilling over her shoulders. The mischievous sparkle in her eye. Each gentle curve of her flawless body. Every bit of her was perfection.

Char hovered over me, her breasts nearly spilling out of their lace as she leaned forward, planting a kiss at the corner of my lips.

"I want you just to lie back and enjoy this, okay?" The mischievous smirk on her face was almost too much as she unhooked the front of her bra, exposing herself completely. I loved this side of her and gladly let her lead. As much as I thrived on control, something about giving it up to her felt so erotic. I was at her mercy, and somehow there was nowhere in the world I felt safer.