Chapter 05 - Bump

"What went through your head, huh?!"

Right... What did went through it?

"You're only prolonging all of this!"

'Prolonging'? Nah... I'm trying to do the opposite of that.

"You— You're being an irresponsible brat! You're such a—"

Such a what? Well, you may have not finish your sentence but I get what you're saying. I know the word that you held back very, very well. You keep on making me feel that way, afterall.

~~~

Another Monday has come and just like always, it's as brutal as it's gonna get.

"Before I end our class, I'm reminding all of you that your term papers are not gonna write by themselves," the professor told us, implying that we should all get started on it and it made some of the students groan.

"Don't worry," he assured us. "I'm giving you our class schedule to go and do what you need to do for the papers to be done, alright?"

"Yes!" I couldn't help but celebrate in my mind because that would mean that we'll be having free time.

"On Mondays, however, I will be meeting with all of you to check upon the progress on your papers to make sure that you are not slacking off."

As the rest of the class groaned once again, I internally joined them.

A light chuckle right beside me caught my attention, turning my head to see Kuroo-san and his signature smirk.

"What?" I hushly asked him.

The middle blocker shook his head. "It's just that you're so fun to watch, L/n-san," he responded and it made me realize that I wasn't able to hide my emotions regarding the term papers.

"Also, Ms. L/n F/n," my head immediately turned back in front upon hearing the professor calling out my name, "I would like to have a word with you," he said with all seriousness.

"Yes, Prof," I replied as one of my feet started to tap the floor.

"Aside from her, you may all leave. See you all next week," he told us and with that, the students started to take their leave from the classroom.

As I finished putting my notebook and pen into my bag, I noticed that my seatmate was still on his seat, not showing any sign of leaving the room.

"Aren't you gonna go and grab some lunch, Kuroo-san?" I asked before looking at my wristwatch. "You better hurry or else you might ran out of food in the cafeteria," I joked.

"Well, I don't mind going on a diet if it meant being with you," he was being cheeky.

"Well, you're an athlete and you know that you shouldn't be skipping meals," I countered and it made him chuckle.

Being grateful that he was willing to wait for me, I smiled and told him, "Let's eat lunch out of the campus. It'll be my treat."

Before he could even response, I went to the professor who was still putting aside his materials on his desk.

"Ms. L/n F/n," he said after tidying and looked straight at me.