Chapter 02 - 'Fate'

"You were so close with them and now look at you. You've been left behind."

Yeah... I know...

"Unlike you, they're now living their lives a whole lot easier. Why weren't you able to join them?!"

'Why,' huh?

"Well, what did I expect? All you ever do is laze around."

Right... 'Laze...' I'm just 'lazing' around afterall...

~~~

September 1 - one of the most hated day of all students. Unfortunately for us, no matter how much we wanted for it to extend, summer vacation has finally ended and now school is back.

All alone in the classroom, I yawned in an unlady-like fashion. I was starting to feel the consequence of waking up way too early because of a particular dream.

"Oh. A wild ama-san has appeared!" I suddenly heard someone remarked, making me turn and look at his grinning face. "That's what one of my roommates would probably say," he told me as we walked towards me.

"Kuroo-san... You take this class, too?" I asked.

"Yup!" he happily nodded. "Fancy meeting you here, l/n-san. Maybe it's fate that brought us here," he said as he sat right beside me.

"More like a coincidence, if you ask me," I said.

"Ah, coincidence," he said as his fingers quoted the word. "Right... It was a coincidence that you happened to float with your face down on that part of the beach while Bo and I were playing there. It was also a coincidence that he hit that ball too hard and when I went to go and get it, I saw you and mistook you for someone who got murdered and thrown out on the sea," the way Kuroo-san said those words sarcastically made me chuckle.

"Alright, alright. I see your point. Though, I still don't think it's fate, Kuroo-san," I told him and he gave me a grin.

"Anyway! Not to brag, but I've been in this uni for so long, yet I haven't seen you around here except today," he told me. "So... Could it be? Perhaps you're a transferee?" he asked the million dollar question.

Instead of answering, I said to him, "You sound like you know everyone in the school, Kuroo-san."

"Oh, believe me, l/n-san. I do know everyone in this uni. Every. Single. One," he told me as his cocky statement was accompanied by that devious grin of his.

"Oya?" I reacted as I actually found his smugness amusing.

"Oya, oya," he responded.

"Oya, oya, oya!" a silver-haired guy suddenly butted in as he deliberately bumped into Kuroo-san.

"Ack! Bokuto! Why you----------"

"Hey, hey, hey, l/n!" Bokuto-san happily greeted me as he had his hands up for a pair of high five.

"Ah..." for a second, I was taken aback by his enthusiasm, but I reciprocated his gesture by replying, "Hey, hey, hey, Bokuto-san!"

"Bokuto, what are you doing here?" Kuroo-san asked. "You're not lost again, are you?"

"Wait, what?"

"Of course, I'm not! I just stopped by to say hi to l/n!" he responded. "And while we're at it, I am not gonna say hi to you, Kuroo," he added.

"Hey! What did I do to you, man?!" the raven-haired reacted.

"You just thought that I got lost again!"