Chapter 03 - Slip

"Hey, Kuroo! What's up, man?!" a group of guys approached him for the nth time.

"Yo! How'd summer vacay went for you guys? Pretty hot, I assume," he responded.

"You should've been there when we went to the pool. It was a blast!"

"Well, I went to the beach, actually," he told them. "Found a unique ama-san" he flashed me his cheshire grin when he mentioned the nickname.

"Oohhh~~~" I got embarrassed at their reaction.

"Anyway, gotta go. Don't wanna be late for classes," the jet black haired decided to cut it short and that's what happened.

The two of us, then, continued our walk around the university grounds.

"So... Don't wanna be late for classes, huh? You do realize that our next class is still two hours away, right?" I teased him for his excuse.

He smirked in response. "Saying that is the quickest way to continue our little university tour, l/n-san. It's exclusively just for you, afterall."

"Woah, I feel so honored! You're way too kind, Kuroo-san," I grinned at him.

"I'm always this kind," he grinned back and I chuckled in response.

"Guess that kindness of yours made you popular."

"Popular?" one of his eyebrows quirked up in question before laughing. "I don't know anything 'bout being popular. I don't know anything 'bout that at all, l/n-san," now he was just being smug.

"Oh, you don't have to be so modest, Kuroo-san," I told him. "I've already lost count on how many times we have stopped walking with all the people coming by and chatting with you."

He let out a small laugh. "I told ya, I know every single one in this uni," he stated it as a matter of fact with that signature grin of his, telling me that what he told me before was indeed true.

With that, we went around the campus. He told me which building was which, as well as their offices, facilities and rooms. He even warned me which professors were terror. Like a gossipy student he was at that point.

"You know, Kuroo-san, you could've been a journalist with all these scoops right in your hands," I teased him as we sat down on a bench to take a break.

"Nah, it's really not my thing," he told me. "I'm not the type to dwell in them too much. Just for fun, though."

"Then, what type are you?"

He then flashed his signature grin at me. "I'm the type of man who can be whatever you want me to be, l/n-san."

I was caught off guard with the way he responded. That was certain. But then I told him, "Such a smooth talker you are, Kuroo-san."

"Oh, you think so?" he asked.

I nodded and grinned. "I bet you made a lot of girls slip and fall with your words."

"You say that, but I can't make a certain ama-san slip no matter how much I polished my words," he retorted as he grinned back.

"Instead of slipping, maybe she's gliding with them," I said.

"Maybe," he agreed. "You know, l/n-san,  she can keep gliding on and on, and if she'll slip, she can rest assure that I'll be there to catch her fall."

And once again, I have found myself caught off guard with his response. Especially with the way Kuroo-san was looking at me so intently. That being said, I couldn't help but feel amused at our conversation and it made me giggle.