chapter 9

* Same outfit as last chapter*

Once Presley and Dom leave the trailer they go gather the team and are ready to leave when Mia comes over.

"I have respected you and I haven't said shit. Now I am aksing you not to go", Mia says.

"I am doing this for both of us", Dom tells her.

Mia looks at him, "Don't give me that crap. You're doing this for you. Why are you insisting on doing this. Dom, please, just don't,". Presley looks at Mia and giver her an apologetic look before the team get in their cars and leave.

Brian sees the argument and goes over to her, "Mia, what's going on?".

"What?", Mia asks

"You know what I'm talking about", Brian says to her.

"No I don't", Mia says as she continues walking.

"You always have tears in your eyes when Dom drives away?" he asks her.

"What's the matter with you?" she asks him.

" What's he racing off in the middle of the night for? You know about the trucks?" Brian continues asking her.

"No, Brian? What trucks? Jesus Christ. What?", Mia asks as he pulls her to a stop.

Brian looks at her, "Listen to me. Mia, I'm a cop".

"What are you talking about, Brian? What is this?", she questions looking at him.

"Ever since the first time I met you, I've been undercover. I'm a cop", he says.

Mia looks at him with betrayal, "Oh, you bastard. You bastard", she says before walking away.

"Mia," Brian says truing to her her to stop.

"Get off of me, Brian!", she says swatting his arm off her.

"Mia! Listen to me! Everything I ever said I felt about you was real. I care about you. I swear to God. You have to believe me, Mia. But this isn't about you and me. Your brother is out there about to pull a job. We're running out of time. Those truckers aren't laying down anymore. Maybe they'll make it through tonight, but every law enforcement agency is coming down on them. If you don't want anything to happen to Dom, to Presley, Letty, Vince, and Leon you have to get in that car with me right now and help me. Mia, you are the only person that can help me right now. Please, Mia. Please, help me," Brian says to her.

They get in to Brians car and start driving. "Civics are stashed somewhere outside the Thermal", Mia says looking at the map.

"They wouldn't double back, and Highway 10 is too well patrolled. So, what does that leave us with?" Brian says thinking out loud trying to figure out where they are.

"All this," Mia says looking at the map. Brian gets his phone out and calls Nextel.

"This is Officer Brian O'Conner. Serial number 34763. I need a cell phone trace", Brian says, causing Mia to look at him.