two - A New What?

My peaceful, lovely dreams of last night's events get interrupted by the sound of my phone ringing

My peaceful, lovely dreams of last night's events get interrupted by the sound of my phone ringing. Ughhh, why did I leave my ringer on? It's not like I have school today; classes start back up tomorrow.

I groan, stretch, and try to rub the sleep from my eyes.

I may have not gotten entirely shitfaced last night like I planned, but that doesn't mean I don't feel the side effects from the shots I took.

Why did I listen to those two idiots?

Because you wanted to drink just as much as they did.

Oh, shut up, subconscious. Let me blame them.

You're just annoyed that they got dick and you didn't.

Again, shut up!

Now you're just mad that you let that guy get away last night. You felt the bulge in his pants. You wanted to suck it off and then have him-

Quiet! Enough!

I really hate that little bitch sometimes.

Remembering that I have a phone to answer, I lazily grab my phone from my nightstand and accept the call.

"Hello," I say quite groggily, with sleep still present in my voice and my eyes closed.

It's probably just one of those two bitches asking for me to pick them up from their one-night stands.

"Ms. Woods," a familiar, proper, not Jade or Lyra voice says on the other line. A voice that has my eyes bulging out of my head, checking the caller ID, and sitting up straighter in my bed.

Oh shit. That's Mrs. Cedars. She's the headmistress at Atlas Academy of the Gifted, the school I attend.

I cough to try and make my voice clearer and more professional. "Yes," I reply.

"I have important information for you and your group of girls. Can the four of you please come to the school in two hours?"

What important information? Another mission?

I check the time on my phone and see that it's eight thirty. That means that we would need to be there by ten thirty.

"Yes, that should be just fine. I'll tell the girls after this call," I say. It's not like I can really say no. She's my headmistress and basically my boss.

"Great, see you shortly, Ms. Woods."

"Wait, we don't have to wear our uniforms, right?" I ask before she can end the call.

I don't think she would make us, but I just want to make sure.

Please say no. Please say no.

I really need to put it in the wash.

"No, your regular clothes are just fine."

Thank goodness.

"Okay, see you soon, Mrs. Cedars," I say and then end the call.