ten - Tomorrow

(Edited)

How did I go from almost kissing Ember to being pushed off the bed and onto the floor?

Am I a piece of shit that can be discarded just like that?

Yes, you are.

Fuck off. I'll discard you, subconscious. Why do you always have to be such an annoying prick? What did I do to deserve this?

I'm so going to kill whoever cleared their fucking throat and interrupted whatever was about to happen with Ember. I don't care who it was; they're dead.

Was it Hunter?

No, I bet it was fucking Ace. Fuck that annoying cockblocker.  It's going to be so much fun killing him. He deserves it after that incident in the car. Should I start by cutting his  eyeballs out, ruining his stupid vocal cords, or chopping off his small ass di-

"Hey, dad," Ember says in a shaky, breathless voice.

Fuck!

Double fucking fuck!

Shit, her dad just saw one of my stupid fucking hands around his precious, only daughter's throat  and the other gripping her hip. There's no way I can lie and say I was trying to give her mouth-to-mouth, do the heimlich, or simply help her.

I'm royally fucked.

The sound of his shoes hitting the hospital floor fills the room. He must be walking. One steady, firm foot hitting the floor after the other.

"Hey, sweetie. Sorry I was so late. I was in surgery, and I couldn't leave until now. How are you feeling?" he says in a low baritone voice.

I hear some shuffling, and I assume they're hugging.

Ember releases a sigh and says in a tired voice, "Much better. Don't worry about me, old man."

"Who are you calling old, young lady?" Small chuckles are shared. "Who's your friend down there, Ember?"

Shit.

What the fuck am I still doing down here?

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Did I lose half my brain cells or something?

Getting out of my idiotic daze, I quickly stand up and wipe my hands against the scrubs I'm wearing.

I really need to get some real clothes on. This isn't a good look for me. Darker shades are more my color.

I place my hand out, like a good boy named Chad would do, and look him directly in the eye.

Shit, those are some intense eyes. They're a startling gray that look like they're full of many secrets to uncover. Intimidating, to say the least. To go with his eyes, there's a sharp jawline covered in a slight stubble. He has light brown and trim hair. His skin tone is a light tan shade.