six - Silence Before the Chaos

A/N

Hey guys! This is another halfway edited chapter. Sorry for the mistakes and any confusing parts. (Now edited)

 (Now edited)

Ignored.

Left alone.

Sometimes you crave it; other times all you want is to be seen.

You question why they aren't talking to you anymore, when they once only talked to you.

Did I say something stupid or offensive?

Was I just entertainment for them or a part of their twisted game?

You hope that tomorrow will be different, but you're crushed when it isn't.

They say that sticks and stones may break your bones, but words will never hurt. We all know that's a lie. Words can be the worst poison.

But silence is even worse.

I wanted him to leave me alone and stop saying words that had my heart fluttering.

I should be happy, filled with overwhelming joy.

But then why does it hurt so much?

Why do I miss hearing the sound of his voice?

Why do I find myself glancing in his direction, hoping he'll say something, anything?

Why do I feel my heart breaking a little more each day?

Oh, Liam Whitlock, why are you doing this to me?

He hasn't said anything to me since that night at the rink. He pushed me off of him and then stormed off the ice. Liam left me by myself. alone and confused, much like I am now.

That was a week ago.

At training practice, the day after, he didn't show. Everyone else but him did. I was a bit curious to know why he was a no-show, but I didn't think too much of it.

The next day in that good old chemistry class I asked him about it, but he didn't say a word. He just looked the other way and put in his AirPods.

Funny, I remember when that was me.

He continued to ignore any words I said to him, and by day three I gave up. I figured if he wasn't going to reply or show an interest in what I had to say, then he didn't deserve to. I'm not the kind of girl who's going to mope around or be at a guy's beck and call. He can come ask me to talk to him.

I'm just confused. Mostly anyway.

Everything was fine at the rink, even good, maybe even great. I may hate him and rue the day he came into my life, but a little bit of that hate might have gone away.

His rude, cocky comments don't seem to bother me as much as before. I just started associating them with him. They're one of the things that just made Liam, Liam. I also associate emerald green eyes, a cocky as hell smirk, and a bright smile with him.