Quinceañera

Authors Note: Italics are thoughts!

An eagle soars through the sky, flying over the Kingdom of Teca. Children playing games stop to look.

"Teca Eagle!" They point.

The Eagle arrives at the palace, and dives for a snake lying on the cactus.

Three figures, dressed in jaguar armour, rush past the bird and the serpent. They sneak into the palace, but stop seeing a maid. Pretending to be statues, the woman walks by 'clueless'.

Doing some more unnecessary tricks, they land in front of a huge man.

"Jaguars, did you bring the package?"

Nodding their head, they handed the muscle man the package.

The big man growls in satisfactory.

"On my command, we engage. Ready?"

"Uno, dos-"

"Tres!" They all spoke in unison and charged into a room.

Still speaking together they shout, "Happy Day of Coronation, Maya!" Holding a cake with a candle lit between them.

The men looked around in confusion.

"Hey, uh, perhaps a little louder," The big man suggested.

At the top of their lungs, they yell again, "Happy Day of Coronation, Maya!"

The big man sang it 3 seconds longer than the others. While one of the three in the jaguar armor blew a party horn.

The lump under the blankets shifted, but nothing.

Big man spoke again, "Lance, go!"

One of the Jaguars speaks up.

"Beloved sister, Maya, your brother Lance dove into the Cursed Ocean. Narrowly escaping the sea beast and brought you the Golden Pearl!" Lance dramatically finished off his victory story by showing off the Golden Pearl.

Silence.

He grunted in confusion.

"Daggers, go!" The big man whispered.

"Move aside." Daggers stated cockily as he shoved his brother out of his way.

"Your brother, Daggers, invaded a burning pirate ship, fought the nefarious Bandit Queen and stole her jeweled earring! Ha!" He held the earring up proudly.

The blankets shifted again but still no response.

Daggers awed in defeat.

The man whispered next for Shield to go.

"Amateurs." He said with a smirk.

"Your most courageous brother, Shield, went deep into the Cursed Forest, outran a deadly avalanche of doom, and found you....this majestic turquoise bird!"

"Oh! Behold its majestic majesty!" Shield outstretched his arm, the bird flew but it ended up smacking itself into the fourth wall.

The bird then comes bouncing back and slaps all three of the jaguars in the face. They all laughed but were interrupted by someone clearing their throat.

"Ahem," A woman, who's hair was intertwined with colorful ribbons, walks in with grace "One, you're all late."

"But, mi amor-" The woman shushes the muscular man.

"And two-" She flings the blanket off the bed.

They all gasped, except for the woman, as a turkey was revealed from under the covers.