The Loca Lady

We had covered a great distance of forest before I suggested that we stop and rest.

"But Y/N!" Maya whined. "I'm not tired, let's keep going."

"Look, I know you're eager to get there, but we don't need to show up to Luna Island looking like sleep-deprived zombies." I chuckled.

"I guess you're right . . ." She pouts.

I laughed. "Always am."

Night fell, so we set up camp. We collected wood and started a fire. After, we rested on Chiapa, instead of sleeping on the cold, hard dirt.

"Hey, I'll keep watch and then we'll switch." I told Maya, but she looked at me with her big, round eyes.

"Can I stand guard first? Pleaaaaseeeee." She started using her puppy-dog eyes. "It's my first adventure outside of the palace. Please let me have this, just this once."

"Well, when you put it like that~. How could I say no." I jokingly rolled my eyes. "Alright, wake me if something's up. Don't go wandering off by yourself and get into trouble, like you tend to do."

"How dare you! Never in my life have I done such a thing." She retaliated.

I quirk a brow. "You sure? Are you ready to defend that statement?"

Maya sighed. "No . . ."

"Exactly. Good night, princesa." I yawned and closed my eyes.

Maya silently scoffed and decided to look over at the map again, her eyes started to get heavy.

She fell asleep.

- -

A pink, glowing hand-tattoo, slithered its way near Maya and Y/N. Chiapa yawned in his sleep, which stopped the hand's movements for a second, before it continued and snatched the map. Then tossing it into the fire.

Acat chuckled from afar.

Maya woke up and tried to save the map from burning any longer. Chiapa had gotten up suddenly which caused Y/N to fall on the ground, banging her head on the hard dirt, waking her.

Let's just say she woke up pissed.

"No, no, no, no, no." Maya panicked. Chiapa used his paw to grab the map quickly. The Little Eagle then patted her foot on it as light as possible to put out the fire.

I saw our belongings were also ablaze. "Maya, the supplies!"

She ran over and started putting that out too.

"Nooo! What are we gonna do?" Maya groaned.

The same snake-like hand went back to its owner, uncurling itself from the tree.

"That mocosa can't beat me." Acat said cooly, standing on a high tree branch.

"Even for you, Acat, this is low. Do you really need to weaken them before you fight?" Zatz asked, unimpressed.

She sighed. "No. It's just, sometimes a cat likes to play with her food, my handsome prince." Acat walked over to him and slightly lifted his chin.

Zatz stood up and looked down, staring at Y/N. "This is not honorable."

"That hasn't bothered you before." She chuckled and kissed his lips.

- -

Morning came, so we continued our journey.

"No map, no supplies. I can't go back a failure." Maya whined.