The Bat Prince Saves The Day

I made it out of the forest and stopped at the edge of a cliff. "Thank the gods! Well, except for the ones who want to kill my sister and I." I was exhausted, carrying Maya, for who knows how long, was not an easy task.

I looked up and saw our destination. "Luna Island!" I quickly tried going up the floating rocks leading up to the kingdom. But only made it halfway when I heard a voice that started to piss me off.

"Oh, Y/N!~" It wasn't long after when purple arrows came hurling at me. "I'm not done with you, escolta!"

More arrows were aimed at us. "But I think I'm done with you. Catch you later. Bye!" I blocked the weapon with my shield and saluted to the vengeful goddess.

Landing on a small, floating piece of land, I started sprinting. However, Acat had a better idea, she decided to come out of hiding and aimed her arrow-snakes at me with her bow. Shooting three at a time.

"Come back here, you little mocosa!" Acat aimed carefully, deciding to shoot down the floating rocks, which led to another piece of land. She hit her target and now the rocks were falling.

But I was quicker and leaped, making it to the edge. "Nice try, just a little too slow, ink face!"

Acat groaned in frustration. I felt Maya move and soon after she lifted her head. Just in time to see Acat about to shoot another snake-arrow.

"I just had to wake up to snakes, didn't I? Y/N, you know I hate snakes!" Maya whined.

"It's not my fault you chose to wake up now. I'm currently trying to save our asses, so will you please, go back to sleep." I gave a strained smile while climbing up the rocks.

"Don't have to tell me twice." She mumbled.

"Unbelievab-" I was interrupted by an arrow coming straight for us. I deflected it just in time using Maya's Eagle Claw. Sadly, I didn't have a good enough grip, the arrow made me drop Maya's weapon.

"Crap. She'll never forgive me." I whispered.

Acat released more arrows, letting them hit wherever. One of them hit the steps, causing the rock path to be no more. As a last resort, I had to jump. Slamming my body against the giant Moon, holding on to the small rocks attached to it.

"Rock-climbing . . . not my strong suit . . ." I yelped when another arrow pierced the spot next to me. I quickly tried to climb my way to safety on the small ledges the Moon had to offer.

Acat was not holding back, she shot arrow after arrow. Then I had an idea. I started using her snakes as leverage, moving up higher and higher, dodging all of her attempts at killing me.

"Gracias! Thank goodness your aim is trash!"

This made her even more angry, turning her snakes into whips, Acat sent them to clamp on a huge rock. "I will end you!"

She used them like a sling-shot, making her soar through the air, landing on the hard surface.

Acat struck the arrow I was on, I fell but quickly caught myself and held on to another snake.

"You better not let us fall, Y/N!" Maya shouted while looking down.

"I thought you were asleep!" I scowled.

"What sane person would fall back asleep in the middle of a battle?!" She yelled nervously.

"Adiós, princesas!" Acat smiled evilly. Sending her snake for another blow, we were defenseless.

Maya and I were bracing for impact but it never came. Instead something green blocked Acats attack.

"What?" All three of us said in unison.

Zatz's sword came back, landing perfectly in his hand. He put the sword in its sheath which was behind his back.

"Enough, Acat." He looked angry.

"But, Zatz, I-"

The Bat Prince was descending from the sky. "First you disobey Lord Mictlan, and now you want to shoot your opponent in the back."

Acat's snakes retreated back to her.

"You have no honor, Acat."

The goddess was fuming, she tried to attack him with her snakes but Bat boy caught both of them, crushing them with his hands.

He looked down and sighed. "You and I were clearly a mistake."

I choked on air as I was trying to silently get away.

"Ouch." Maya commented.

Not us being nosy.

Acat looked hurt. "You'll be sorry for this, princesas."

"What did we do?" Maya said defensively.

I shrugged, "That girl got issues, so don't ask me."

The Tattoo Goddess shed a tear and left.

"And that ladies, gents and non-binary dears, is our cue to leave." I whispered, quickly climbing up the Moon.

"Y/N! Are you alright?" Zatz called out.

"We don't need help from a demon who serves the god monster that killed our brothers!" I responded.

"I'm no demon, I'm like you two, a half human."

"What are you talking about? I'm not-" I was cut off by the half-demon.

"Please, Y/N. Climb the rope."

"Absolutely not." I retaliated, which was a mistake because the next ledge I grabbed broke into pieces. We fell.

Maya was screaming in my ear and that wasn't helping. I snatched onto the rope for dear life, stopping us from our deaths.

Zatz chuckled, "Good thing that was there, huh?"

Maya mocked him in return.

"Oh, ha ha ha." I joined. "Don't you dare think that for one second we owe you anything, Prince of Bats." My voice was strained. I was wondering when Maya planned on getting off my back.

"I should punch you in the . . ." I slipped which caused Maya to pause. "Careful, Y/N." She whispered but finished her sentence, "Face! For everything that has happened since you showed up, you misbegotten son of a leprous dog."

I finally made it to the top, and flipped onto my side. Maya finally got off of me and used her own two legs.

"Zatz, why would you help us?" I asked but then I heard Maya gasp.

"Eagle Claw! Yes!" Maya ran over to her weapon and helmet.

When did I drop the helmet?

"Don't think I'm gonna forgive you so easily, I saw you drop Eagle Claw." Maya pointed at me with an accussing finger.

"I didn't mean to though!" I defended myself. "If you didn't notice, I was trying to save our lives from a jealous goddess!"

"Excuses!" Maya playfully yelled.

Zatz laughed at us, "Be well, Princess Maya. Especially you, Lady Y/N, I'll see you soon."

"Whatever, principito." I rolled my eyes and ran off with Maya.

He let out another chuckle, "Good luck, Y/N."

Word count 1117.

Thank you for reading! <3