The Prophecy Revealed

"Teca! Teca!"

"Protect Princess Maya!"

"Teca!"

"Destroy Divine Gate!"

"Teca!"

"Save Kingdom all!"

"Teca!"

The soldiers were chanting, getting ready for war. Meanwhile, a certain Teca Princess, Personal Royal Guard, and three Jaguar brothers, were eavesdropping on the King and Queen.

Literally.

"Careful, . . . careful. Careful!" Maya shrieked. I was helping our brothers lower her above the King and Queen's chambers, so we can listen in. Obviously, this was all the princess's idea.

". . . we need the other Kingdoms. This could have been solved with more diplomacy."

"Diplomacy?" The King repeated. "You want . . . Lord Mictlan . . . to sacrifice Maya?"

I heard Maya gasp. Please tell me she is still on the other side of the rope. I cannot handle the death of a princess right now.

"You guys better have a good grip." I hissed.

"Hold her, Daggers." Lance said.

"I got it, Shield." Daggers replied.

"No, I'm Shield." Shield corrected. "I think."

Oh. My. Gods. These idiotas. You have been using the same weapon your whole life and was literally named after said weapon. Maya better hurry her ass up before I lose any more brain cells.

She hushed them, trying to hear what her parents were saying.

"You should have told Maya the truth years ago." The Queen looked away shamefully.

"But if I'm not Shield, whose hands are these!" Shield whisper-shouted, freaking out.

He had also, unfortunately, let go of the rope.

Then the other two, had also, let go and LAUGHED.

I, the only competent one left, still held onto the rope. But apparently that wasn't enough to stop gravity. Because as soon as they released it, I went soaring.

The triplets tried to grab my foot but they were a second too late. Thanks for trying, I guess.

Maya landed on the King and Queen's balcony, I landed next to her a couple seconds later.

The rope whipped Maya's arm. "Ow! Look, I don't think my arm is broken any more."

"Thank you, helpful strangers!" She yelled.

"Any time, sisters!" They shouted back.

I rubbed my hand down my face and groaned.

Dumbasses.

Maya giggled nervously.

"Why would you two do such a foolish thing?" The Queen was straining her voice, I could tell she was going to lecture us later.

Maya got up. "I overheard everything."

The King sighed.

"This . . . This isn't easy to discuss." The Queen said.

"Well, Papa could have said . . ." Maya started speaking in a deeper voice, "And by the way, Maya, the gods do walk among us, and I cheated on your mother with one of them, and then boom! You were born."

I slowly clapped. Which was apparently the wrong thing to do, since they all gave me a look. "What? It was a great performance . . ." I mumbled.

"Mijaaa?" It sounded like the King was trying to be firm but failed, so it came out as more of a question.