1.3 - The plot strikes back!

It was another bright sunny day. Blake's mother, Ms. Robenhouse, was a medic and healer who could both utilise medicine and use high leveled healing spells, was currently visiting a noble's house to heal their sickly child. And Blake, followed along with her.

Blake's maternal family, the Robenhouses was not dirt poor, but nor was it filthy rich. They were normal commoners who people looked up to. As Felix Robenhouse, Blake's grandfather was an admirable man who became a royal knight with pure talent alone. And Blake's mother, a half-elf who is extremely talented in many aspects. Though no one ever mentioned about Felix Robenhouse's wife, the unknown elf, many knew how great she were.

In the book, nothing was mentioned about Blake's family. So, learning about his backstory more in depth was quite fun.

5 years ago, when Aliyah Robenhouse, Blake's mother came home after finding out she was pregnant, the people were furious. Not at her, but at the noble who laid their hands on Aliyah. Aliyah was known as a sweet and kind half-elf. Despite her extremely high magic circle stage, she never showed it off nor did she use it for her own gain, instead, she helped the people around her. When the townspeople knew about her pregnancy, they came together and helped her.

The women would give her advice about how to take care of babies while giving her a perfect diet plan, baby clothes, some maternity clothes, and giving anything Aliyah was craving. While the men would carry heavy weights whenever Aliyah's father wasnt around, or would accompany her during her duties to her clinic. Overall, the town was like a giant family. And Blake was incredibly happy listening to these stories from his mother.

"Ohh, we're here!" Ms. Aliyah said, watching as the carriage pulled to a stop. Infront of the large manor, two figures could be seen, standing at the door with worried expressions.

Aliyah opened the door and hopped off before picking up Blake and setting him down next to her. Then, the mother and son pair walked up to the door and bowed, greeting the two men.

"Count Portman, I am doctor Aliyah, at your service."

"Come in, my youngest is currently in bed," the man at the front said. His face held worry as his eyebrows furrowed, making him look as if he was the one who was sick.

Aliyah rushed along with the butler up the stairs as Blake pitter pattered along behind, not actually trying to catch up, but only to follow.

Soon, they reached a door. The dark brown door stood tall as the butler pushed it open. Inside, was a woman wearing extravagant clothing as she held a child's hand. Blake's eyes followed the hand that was held tightly by the woman and saw a sickly boy lying down on his bed, sweating profusely as he huffed and puffed, gasping for breath.

Aliyah, Blake's mother, rushed in and set her bag next to the bed before gently, placing her hand on the child's wrist, feeling for his pulse. The woman, who held the boy's hand, which, Blake presumed to be the boy's mother, stepped back as she watched what Aliyah would do anxiously. Aliyah sighed and placed her hand on the boy's chest, and at the next second, an outline of a magic circle appeared on the boy, as the outline of the magic circle rotated around Aliyah's arm. With a small grunt, a bright light emitted from the magic circle and throughout the room.

The light slowly faded as Aliyah retracted her hand. The boy's mother quickly rushed up to the boy, along with the man from earlier and saw, that the boy had stopped breathing haggardly and finally breathed normally as he ceased to sweat. The two parents sighed in relief and asked Aliyah about what happened.

"Mana reflux. He has tremendous talent. If he could convey it right, he could become a genius. Unfortunately, his 4th stage magic circle could not hold his mana and caused a reflux.
Luckily, I had managed to fix his mana stream, but that is merely a temporary measure.
I suggest you come to me every 2 weeks for the next month to see if he improves. Meanwhile, I shall try and concoct a medicine," Aliyah said with a smile as she bowed to the count and countess.