1.29 - Toxic

A few days had passed since the meeting Blake had with his father in his study about catching the culprits. So far, he hadn't found any leads. Frustration had taken over him as he looked high and low only to produce close to no results.

He had reached a dead end. He visited his mother to get some peace of mind, walking in the door of the small pharmacy his mother owned, he saw his mother making new medicine using herbs she freshly picked. A scene he hadn't seen in a while. With his mother's sharp hearing, she heard Blake coming her way.

She glanced at her child, seeing the solemn look on his face. "What's wrong, darling?"

"I hit a dead end," Blake mumbled, a gloomy cloud covering his head as he slowly walked towards his mother.

"Oh dear," she mumbled softly, getting off her chair and walking towards Blake, picking him up and placing her arm under his knees, letting him sit on her arm as she rubbed circles on his back comfortingly.

"I know you would love to catch the culprit behind it as fast as you can, however, you should still think about your health, Blake."

"I know..." Blake mumbled into his mother's shoulder before continuing, "I just want to catch them before Flora wakes up."

Aliyah nodded, patting her child's head before humming in understanding. "Do you know how vanenium is made?"

Blake shook his head as his mother placed him on the couch, a little further away from her work station where she was whipping up another bottle of medicine for Flora. Blake stared at his mother who sat next to him as she pushed a few strands of his hair behind his ear.

She held her hand out in front of her before glancing over to Blake with a smile. Suddenly, a projection of an ore appeared on her outstretched arm. The ore was a beautiful magenta as a luminescent outline was shown surrounding it.

"This, my dear, is the ore in which vanenium came," Aliyah said, the projection on her hand rotating slowly.

"What's the glowly thing around it?" Blake asked.

"Vanenium is the thin layer on top of the ore. Miners would usually scrape the toxic top layer and sell those on the black market. That, my dear, is vanenium," Aliyah smiled, her finger tapping the projection. The luminescent outline dissolved and fell onto Aliyah's palm. With a single blow on her palm, the ore disappeared as the luminescent dust on her palm enlarged. "The dust you see here is vanenium. The purest form of vanenium, the one that came straight from the ore. That type of vanenium is highly toxic."

"What type of vanenium did Flora get poisoned with?" Blake asked, turning his head to his mother.

"Pure vanenium."

*****

A/n: SORRY FOR DISAPPEARING!! i had a few problems arise IRL and had to take a break from uploading