1.12 - Flora's Birthday Banquet

2 years had passed, and in the middle of autumn, on September 23rd. The duchy held a banquet for her 5th birthday, celebrating her birthday and getting her very own familiar.

The sun was shining down, its light rays piercing through the small cracks in the curtains, shining down on Blake's sleeping pale porcelain face. The door opened and came in a maid. The maid walked up to Blake's bed and shook him gently, slowly, the young boy stirred awake as he drowsily sat up in his bed, giving a derpy smile to the maid.

"Good morning, young master, did you have a good sleep?" the maid asked as she went to the windows and tied up the curtains.

Blake mumbled a "yes," as he rubbed his eyes and stretched his chubby body.

"Young Master, you have to get ready. The guests will arrive soon for the young miss's birthday banquet," the maid said softly, holding Blake's hand as he tried to get off the bed on his own.

Blake nodded, showing he understood, as he pitter-pattered to the bathroom. Blake grew up well in the duchy. The duchess, lady Cruella and Blake were now on good terms after the incident. However, that didn't stop the mild anonymous bullying he received. Of course, to Blake who grew up in a toxic household and was bullied for most of his childhood in his past life, he was immune to these small petty tricks.

As soon as Blake got out of the bath, he was dressed in his newest and best garments for the banquet. His long hair tied up into a ponytail, he wore a white suit, contrasting with his dark blue hair. A brooch, fastened in the middle of his collar. The brooch was a beautiful citrine gemstone, having the same colour as Blake's eyes.

As he stepped out of his room with the maid accompanying him, he was met with Flora. She had her hair in a half-up, half-down type of style, decorated with small white pearls and decorative flowers. Her white dress matched perfectly with Blake's, as she had a similar brooch to the one Blake had on her chest, fastened properly. She smiled sweetly as she held her hand out to Blake for him to take.

"You look handsome, brother!" Flora exclaimed.

Blake smiled and held Flora's hand, gently placing a kiss on her knuckles before saying, "happy birthday Flora, you look as beautiful as always. Shall we go?"

"En!" Flora smiled and nodded.

Blake guided Flora down to the staircase, there at the bottom, they were met with many familiar and unfamiliar faces. Among them, were their father, the duchess, and Blake's mother. All three of them stepped up to the children as the children greeted them.

"Mother! You're here!" Blake smiled happily as he ran up to Aliyah and hugged her.

Aliyah wore a slim fit, sleeveless black dress with a sweetheart neckline. Her dress, adorned with several gems, made the dress sparkle like the night sky when the lights reflected off the gems. On her neck, was a beautiful diamond necklace, a matching set with her beautiful earrings.

"I greet the duke and the duchess," Blake and Flora said simultaneously.

The duke wore a white slim fit suit, matching Blake's own suit. The duke also had a grey feathered neckpiece around his neck, connected to a grey cape that draped to the floor.

The duchess, on the other hand, wore a white off-shoulder mermaid dress, having a black diamond necklace around her neck and a matching pair of earrings.

Everyone looked absolutely gorgeous, as they looked as if they were ready for a photo shoot.

Everyone had a blast, Blake met up with Daniel, the son of count Portman, who his mother, Aliyah had treated in the past. They both became quick friends as they talked about various things.

As the sun descended, the moon rose, shining its silver light upon the manor. Outside, in the garden, Blake sat silently as he escaped from the party for a while. Blake sat in the garden's gazebo, enjoying the atmosphere. He could hear the faint sounds of music from inside, along with the sounds of crickets all around him. His eyes, fixed on the beautiful full moon, admired the beauty.

Suddenly, he heard leaves rustling next to him. Alarmed, he shot his head in the direction of the sound and hopped off the marble bench he sat on. Discreetly, he readied his summoning spell to summon Tsuki at any time. A few seconds pass, and finally, he saw what- or who made the sound. There, emerging from the bush, was a boy around the same age as Blake. The boy had hair as white as snow, looking as if it were silver under the moonlight. The boy has a regal air around him, despite having messy, but expensive-looking clothes. The boy's eyes landed on Blake's figure, making the latter jump in surprise. There, Blake saw beautiful violet eyes staring into his yellow ones.

'This kid... seems familiar,' Blake thought.

"Who're you?" the kid asked impolitely. (imagine him using informal speech)

Blake's eyebrow twitched at how the boy spoke. He sighed and calmed himself down as he walked up to the other, "I should be asking you that, who are you?"

"I'm Henry Dragonia, who're you?"