1.18 - yet another dilemma

Blake lied down in his bed, pondering about what he and the duke had discussed earlier in the duke's office. Of course, the decision would be easy, normally. But, in this case, it wasn't. Blake, after all, wasn't the real Blake, and he had decided he would stay far away from the book's plot. Even though the plot has already long strayed far from what it used to, he was still very worried about what is to come.

A small clattering sound resonated in his room, making him snap out of his thoughts. There, on the floor next to his bed, was his familiar, Tsuki, the midnight blue coloured dragon. The small dragon was biting on yet another one of Blake's shoes.

With a sigh, Blake wiggled out of bed and crouched down next to Tsuki who was still biting on the shoe. Blake held out his hand, leaning his head against his knee as he watched Tsuki immediately let go of the shoe and hop towards Blake, snuggling up to the small extended hand.

"What should I do, Tsuki?" Blake sighed as he wrapped his little arms around Tsuki's little neck and snuggled up to the little dragon.

Tsuki could sense his owner's distress as he laid his head on Blake's shoulder in an attempt to comfort Blake. He nudged Blake's cheek with his snout as a small giggle escaped Blake. A small huff could be heard from the dragon as he laid his head back on Blake's shoulder. Soon enough, the little dragon fell asleep.

Blake carefully picked the dragon up and sat on the bed, laying down with Tsuki still in his arms. As he shifted his head on the pillow under his head, he sighed. He had to recall the contents of the novel he was in, just having a leisure life for the past few years doesn't change the fact that Blake dies in the original novel.

The SIlver Edgewater Academy was where the two main protagonists met, Flora Acker, Blake's sister and Jacob Edgewater, the crown prince of the empire. Thinking back to it, Blake couldn't understand why those horny teenagers couldn't wait until school is over to fu- I mean... play around... They just HAD to do it when they skipped class. Both Flora and Jacob would meet each other when Flora walks into a sorcery class in which she didn't take. And that's where their so-called romance blossomed.

The more Blake thought of it, the more frustrated he felt. Why in the world would an r-19 erotica novel would involve his death?? If anything, he shouldn't even be involved in the plot! With a small groan, Blake stroked Tsuki's head and recounted a few details in the novel he might've missed.

"Jacob should be a year younger than I am, so that means if I join the academy after summer ends, It would take at least a year or 2 until he joins. And besides, we're going to be children anyway, it's not like anything bad can happen right?"

Concluding, Blake had concluded that he didn't know what to do. So, instead, he bundled the sleeping dragon in his arms and walked out of his bedroom, looking for a solution to his 'dilemma'