1.22 - Magic Tutor (2)

As the sun had barely risen, the sky was painted in blue and light yellow, signalling the start of the day. With a yawn, Blake scratched his head, walking into the training hall. There, he saw the same man he saw yesterday. Evan was it?

"Morning," Blake greeted the man half-heartedly.

"Good morning, young master. How are you today?" Evan asked, his arms crossed as his eyebrow raised.

"Tired, what about you?" Blake replied, his eyes looked over to Evan with a tired gaze. Evan had a hint of amusement and helplessness in his eyes as he gazed at the smaller boy.

"I'm doing good. Let's get started with the class now, shall we?" Evan said. He made it seem like an invitation, however his eyes and tone made it non-negotiable.

"Fine,"

....

For the next few hours, Evan taught Blake the basics of spell casting. For example, to cast a spell, one needs a medium to help. Most people who use magic daily would use a wand, some swordsmen would use their sword. The more talented one was, the more likely they would use an everyday item into their magic medium. For example, a person who was born with extraordinary talent would use a pen, to cast magic, while one could also use a pair of die. Like Blake.

After finding out this piece of information, Blake looked down at the pair of die in his hand and twirled them around in his hand. Then he looked at Evan, the smug and condescending smile on his face never faded by the slightest ever since class started.

"What do you use to cast spells?" Blake asked, lifting one of his eyebrows.

"Oh? Is the young master curious?" Evan asked, bending his upper body as he tilted his head to the side.

"Tch-"

Blake rolled his eyes and turned away, suddenly losing interest in whatever his 'Magic Tutor' was about to show him. As Blake had his back to Evan, he fiddled around with his die. Suddenly, he saw a snake next to him. Lifting one of his eyebrows he looked at it and realised it was made of water. Lifting his gaze and turning around, he saw Evan, holding up a wand, pointing it up to the sky as water droplets lingered on one end of the wand.

"Satisfied your curiosity, young master?" Evan asked, flicking his wrist with the wand in his hand. As soon as he did that, the snake made of water next to Blake's feet dispersed into a cloud of mist.

"Meh-" Blake said, the look of indifference in his eyes, unwavering.

Evan laughed, feeling helpless in front of Blake. No matter what he did, Blake was never satisfied. Though, Evan was already satisfied with being Blake's magic tutor. It was the least and the most he could get from the Acker family. Being a tutor for one of the most prestigious houses in the empire was already enough.

Though, it didn't stop Evan from looking at Blake as if the child was a plaything. Behind his smile, who knows what's there in his head. He could be scheming something or he could have no thoughts whatsoever.

******

A/n: my exams start next week, so I am not certain whether I will be able to upload a new chapter. I promise I will be uploading some chapters as soon as my exams finish!!