2.3 - friends?

"I give you chances I don't have."

"WAH!"

"What was that?" Blake asked himself, his eyebrows furrowed as he closed the book he was reading, walking towards the window to examine where the noise came from; a young boy around his age met him.

"Ow..." The boy groaned, climbing out of the bush, brushing a few leaves from his hair and the dirt off his pristine white clothes.

"Hello there," Blake said with a smile, tilting his head to the side as he watched the boy practically jump out of his skin from those few words.

"AH! Who are you?!"

"Me? I'm Blake Acker. And you are?" He introduced himself, holding his hand out for the other to shake.

"Ah, you're the duke's firstborn. I am Jacob Edgewater. It is a pleasure to meet you, Blake," Jacob smiled, taking Blake's hand and shaking it.

Jacob had golden blonde hair that reflected the sun from a single turn, making the strands look glittering, and pale blue eyes resembling nemophila flowers. His skin was smooth and pale like polished marble, though a bit unkempt; he oozes regal air; the way he brought himself was how only the highest of nobles would.

'The name seems familiar...' Blake thought, a smile still fixated on his face as he invited the boy inside through the window. The boy took no time to waste as he climbed inside, falling in and groaning in pain again.

"So what brings you here, Jacob?" Blake asked as he watched the boy get off the floor with a groan.

"I followed my father here. He seemed to want to discuss with the Duke regarding some affairs that have been ongoing at the borders," The blonde boy replied, brushing off the few leaves and sticks that stuck to his clothes.

Blake nodded slightly, a small chuckle leaving him as he helped the boy dust off the dirt and leaves in his hair. A small 'I see' left his mouth as he glanced back to the papers on the desk he was sitting by, seeing a few leaves and sticks now present on the messy table. Picking out one of the stray twigs in the boy's hair, Blake examined the twig, seeing as if it was a strange object, before throwing it out the window.

"Why were you in the bushes?" Blake asked, glancing back at the boy, crossing his arms suspiciously.

"Well, I lost my father, and I heard guards coming... and..."

"And?"

"I hid from them out of instinct,"

"I see..."

Blake sighed, blinking at him with suspicion. Perhaps this child was just someone who often runs away from guards. How suspicious.