Uh

Sorry I'm updating less frequently, I've been playing an unholy amount of bandori....

Ps: This part is in the perspective of hitch

Enjoy my suffering :)

I watched in awe as I saw Sprout rushing towards me and before I knew it he had crashed into my arms, knocking all the air out of my lungs.

It really hurt, but he looked happy so I wasn't going to say anything.

I was aware everybody could see, probably wondering what the hell was going on, and I had to admit, it was a bit embarrassing.....

One of the people coughed awkwardly. I think Sprout realized that everybody was staring and quickly pushed himself away from me, acting like nothing happened.

I couldn't help but find him adorable.

Ever since I had accepted my feelings,*everything he did was cute, like how he always had one part of his hair sticking up. I would see him try desperately to try to keep it down, and he failed every time.(He doesn't know I know this.)

I could still see him blushing, even though he was trying to act like he wasn't. I was embarrassed as well, and I was definitely more red than him, but I couldn't help smiling.

He looked concerned as to why I was, so I concealed it with my hand, but he knew I was still smiling, he wasn't stupid after all, even though at times it seemed like he was.

Being to engrossed in Sprout's reactions, I hadn't realized that his mother was standing where Sprout had and was getting ready to speak.

"Ahem!!"

She cleared her throat, tearing away the attention from me and Sprout.

"Hello, my fellow town's people."She smirked.**

"Picking up from where my son left off, before running off," She started, glaring at him, " I, have prepared the correct equipment to handle some serious threats to our kind, and I have brought them here for demonstration."

She glanced at some of the people in the crowd, and they rushed off, most likely to bring the "equipment" for demonstration.

Something about that glint in her eyes, and the weird conspiracy theories I'd heard her spout before, I knew it wasn't going to be good. I wasn't sure how bad because of how vague she was being, but it was certainly not something that would benefit anybody.

I knew I had to stop her speech, because I knew how manipulative she was, and that she could probably get the whole town to believe her and her weird theories.

There where a few parts of this town's law is which meant what she was doing was illegal, but it would mean that Sprout would have to speak instead, and I wasn't sure if he would be able to calm the town's people down.

"Excuse me, miss Cloverleaf, you must stop at once, what you are doing is illegal."***

I knew that almost nobody had read the Maretime Bay book of law and I was hoping that she hadn't, because I had no idea why this law existed. (It was probably for the mayor so if someone interrupted him he could arrest them.)I was going to take advantage of it anyway, even if it wasn't meant for anybody but the mayor.****

" I would rather not arrest you madam." I tried to say it as menacing as possible, but I don't think I did a good job because she just laughed.

"I would like to see evidence for this claim Mr.Trailblazer.*****"She grinned.

It was obvious she was not taking me seriously, but I had the pocket edition******"of the Maretime Bay book of laws so I would have it on me when needed.

I hadn't meant to take it when I left, but it was a habit so I ended up taking it with me.

I opened it and found the page it was on.

"Page 479 of the Maretime Bay book of laws states that if anybody who did not start a speech, unless being given permission from the starter of the speech, will be under arrest if they refuse to step down and leave."

As I was reading it out the whole town seemed shocked that a law like this would exist. I was too, but I was sheriff so I wouldn't say.

Phyllis Cloverleaf was speechless, but I could tell she didn't want to go to prison. It would make her less trustworthy to most people and she would lose credibility.

Cloverleaf quietly walked away.

I'm never sure on how to end the chapter lol
There were a few thing I wanted to write but it would sound weird if I put them in, plus I'm tired and have school today(it's 2:00am)
This chapter was longer than usual lol
I'm going to go to sleep now

*if you couldn't tell he has romantic feelings
**she smirks a lot.....
***I tried to make it sound like a cop said it if you know what I mean, but I don't think I did it well....
****I'm pretty sure they have a mayor, I couldn't find anything with my one Google search
*****I searched it up and that's his second name apparently
******I was gonna put that they made pocket editions of it and only the sheriffs get them, but I couldn't find how to put it in

Wow there's a lot of asterisks lol