More speeches

I really need to update more often 

Enjoy my suffering

I flinched as Hitch brought his face to my reddening ear.

"Sorry Sprout," he whispered, " you have to finish the speech now."

It tickled a bit.

I glanced at his face and noticed he looked really guilty. I was about to say something that might've made him feel better (like how reliable I was) ,but my urge to do so faded as I saw he was trying to hold in his laugh.

I didn't know the reason, but it was right after he looked at my burning* face, so I assumed that it was at me.

He never fails to make me mad.

Hitch's view

I didn't want Sprout to do the speech because of how irresponsible I thought he was, and although Sprout denied it, there was a lot of evidence that proved that he was.

I had to give him credit though, I was sure that the town would be in complete chaos.

I leaned towards his ear and whispered that he had to finish the speech, but his mind seemed to be somewhere else.

I noticed that both his ears and his face where extremely red (again) and I tried to hold in my laughter.

He started glaring at me, probably because I started laughing after seeing his face.

He really was cute.....Was he red because I whispered in his ear??

The though that he might like me too kept slipping into my head, even though I kept trying to get rid of it.

It was a stupid thought really, what are the possibilities of him liking me back??

Very small.......

........

Was it alright for me to hope?

Sprout's view again

I realised that I had been so focused on figuring out if Hitch was okay or not, that I hadn't processed what he had told me.

I wanted to tell Hitch off a bit though for laughing at me before I did.

I looked at Hitch and noticed that he looked both happy and sad.

At first I was confused at how you could feel both of those emotions at once.

Then I thought he might've felt sad because I glared at him earlier.

And then I felt bad.

I was conflicted as to what I should to to make him feel better. I needed to say sorry though first.

"H-Hey, Hitch." I stutter.

That seemed to snap him out of his thoughts, probably about how I was just glaring at him (even though I thought it was for a justifiable reason) and turned his head towards me.

"I'm.......I'm sorry." I say, facing the ground.

He chuckles again.

"For what?"

Huh???

He wants me to say it?!

....If it was going to make him feel better....

"I'm sorry for glaring at you okay?!"

Oh.....

That came out worse than I had intended.

I was worried that it might've made him upset again so I check his expression.

He still looked sad though...but he looked a bit more happy.

At this point I just wanted to get this speech over with.

I stood where I was standing before and coughed a bit to gain everybody's attention.

Some people had left already but a majority of people had decided not to, probably waiting for an explanation for wasting their time.**

I gulp a bit, thinking of what to say. I glance over to where Hitch was standing and he smiles at me.

I wanted to do my job properly now, even though I technically wasn't sheriff anymore.

I wanted to do a good job for Hitch.

This is becoming way longer than I expected it to be.....
I wrote some of this yesterday and finished it today lol
I feel like the pacing is really weird tho T-T

*burning as in really hot lol
**this sounds weird

There are basically no asterisks wow