013 ali

Kicking the small pebbles on the street, I listened to him drone on. Something about how his work was out of coffee, I wasn't really paying attention. He always had something to complain about it seemed. He especially liked to talk about our neighbor. In his opinion, I was getting too close to him. Jealousy was something he didn't handle well at all. Nothing was going on between me and the neighbor despite his suspicions. We were just friendly towards each other, nothing else.

He finished his lecture once we had finished our walk home. Like always, Ali was outside, watering his flowers.

"Good afternoon, (y/n)" he called out to me with a giant smile on his face.

"Hello, Ali. Your flowers are looking beautiful today," I smiled back.

He seemed to blush, the pink of his skin barely visible with his darker complexion. I felt myself blushing as well. My boyfriend seemed to notice as well.

"Alright, that's enough. Stop trying to steal my girlfriend," Dae-Hyun blurted out, stepping closer to Ali.

Ali's eyes widen and he took a step back, holding his hands up, "Woah, I'm not trying to steal anyone, friend."

He let out a nervous chuckle and glanced at me. His blush had changed to a light red, covering his face. Despite the panic in his eyes, he remained calm.

"Stop this, Dae. Leave the poor man alone! God, you're so irritating," I ran in between them.

He rolled his eyes and scoffed, "you even have her on your side. This is bullshit."

He stormed off and into the house, leaving Ali and I alone. Turning to him, I let out a sigh.

"I'm so sorry about that. He's insanely jealous. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine don't worry," his voice matched his calm expression.

I had never really been this close to him. I always just talked to him from a distance, careful not to piss Dae off. My chest hurt seeing the fear in his eyes. This man treated me with nothing but kindness and respect yet he still had an issue with him. His outburst was scary yes, but was more embarrassing than anything. He was such a child that didn't know how to control his emotions. I had been lovestruck by him for so long that I hadn't realized how much of a problem it was. This was the last time Dae would embarrass me. I apologized to Ali once again and excused myself.

-

It had been a couple of weeks since Dae had moved out and I felt better with every day. Ali helped a lot too, often inviting me over to his place for dinner. There was a night in particular that I would never forget.

"(Y/N), can you pass me the salt," Ali asked, trying to keep the food from falling out of his mouth.

I slid it over to him and continued eating. His food was heaven on a plate. That was a big reason why I liked having dinner with him. Good food AND I didn't have to cook it myself. His future girlfriend would be a lucky girl.

Feeling a pair of eyes on me, I looked up to see him staring at me. I chuckled and made a face, causing him to snap out of his trance.

He set his silverware down with a sigh, "so...are you interested in anyone?"

I furrowed my brow, confused as to where he was going with his question, "I don't think so, why?"

"Well..." he fidgeted with his hands in his lap.

There was a moment of what seemed like him considering options. I had learned he was quite shy despite being so eager to make friends. I could tell it was a frustrating combination for him. Instead of continuing his explanation, he scooted closer to me, only confusing me more. He closed his eyes tightly, mumbling something before his lips crashed against mine. At first, I was shocked at his bold move, but soon I had accepted it, leaning into the kiss. In the heat of the moment, I grabbed his hand and put it on my waist. He took the hint and pulled me onto his lap, never breaking away. A few minutes went by before I let go for a breath.

"Wow... I can't believe this is happening," he chuckled.

"Shhhh, be quiet nerd" I went back in for another kiss.

IDK HOW THIS STORY IS BUT I HOPE ITS OKAY! IM AT WORK RN AND I KEEP BEING INTERRUPTED SO MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT WAS EVERYWHERE- LOVE YALL