012 gihun

I didn't take my eyes off of my computer screen as I rubbed the tiredness out of them. I had to get this task done or I would get my ass chewed out by my boss. I often had work to take home. My coworkers gave me the work they didn't want to do so I usually had a lot to do. Finally typing the last few words, I looked over to the body sleeping next to me. Gihun. He was so tolerant of my work. He never complained about me turning him down to leave the house but I knew it bothered him. He never stopped asking though. Still, it made me feel special. That was his skill, making me feel special. Sure, he was extremely awkward, but it was charming. He was so sweet and always willing to lend a hand. Although I admit he isn't the smartest, I appreciated the sentiment.

He turned over to face me, settling back into a light sleep. His facial expression was soft and focused. I reached over and moved the strand of hair that had fallen in front of his eyes. I couldn't help but smile as I watched him. He looked so peaceful compared to when he was awake. There was always something he was worried about, but he was able to escape while he slept.

The sun's rays threw a golden glow across the white sheets. Although it was already up, I hadn't fallen asleep yet. As I turned off my laptop and set it on the floor next to me, I heard more shuffling coming from the spot next to me.

"(Y/N)..." Gihun purred quietly.

"Mhm," I replied in a whisper, hoping maybe he was still dreaming.

"What are you doing up already?"

Damn it.

"I just had some more work to do, but I promise I'm done now," I pulled the sheets over my body, scooting closer to him.

He carefully snaked his strong arms around me and buried his face in the crook of my neck. Although his skin was soft, his stubble was itchy against my skin. I could easily ignore it when his hugs felt like I was forever safe. I moved even closer to him, feeling his bare stomach against my own.

I let out a sigh, "can we stay like this forever, Gihun?"

"I wish, baby," he gently kissed my neck and laid his head back on his pillow.

"Then just for today?"

"Of course, but you have to promise me one thing."

I looked at him with slight confusion, waiting for him to continue.

"Please stop staying up for so long. I know that you wanna get your work done but it's not good for your health. Mental or physical. Just promise you'll try to get more sleep?"

His voice filled was with concern. I thought about it for a moment. There was no way I could get both my work done and enough sleep. But I sighed again, in defeat.

"I'll talk to my boss, okay? I have no idea if that will change anything but I will try."

"That's my girl," he smiled, brushing my hair behind my ear.

I blushed and closed my eyes. His thumb brushed rubbed my cheek as I dozed off into a deep sleep.

Okay but he would be just the absolute sweetest in the morning and I can't imagine how pretty his morning voice would be. Also, do you guys like the long ones (around 1k words) or the short ones (around 500 words) better? Lmk!