17. Terrifying Encounter

(Sorry y'all. Im going to be taking a few breaks from posting to work since this is the only chapter that I've completed in 2 weeks. I'll work on three more tonight and for the next few nights.)

My eye twitched as I cowered in fear beneath Rengoku. He had chased me into a corner, insisting that him and I "Start deepening our relationship! HAHA!". If I had anything to say, its that Rengoku was too persistent for his own good.  "Come on, Y/N. We should get closer and bond more, darling!" He said as he stood above me with open arms. He wrapped his arms around me and picked me up, tossing me over his shoulder. "I promise to express my feelings with great discretion! You shall not feel anything but pleasure." He said as I kicked my legs and punched his back.

"Put me down, Rengoku! This is embarrassing you idiot!" I said with a flustered expression. He laughed at me and placed me down onto his bed. We had been moved to a specially built area where we could stay alert and on duty, while also living in a comfortable and warm living space. It had 2 bedrooms, a single washroom with a noticeably large tub, 2 floors, a cooking area, and a sitting room. I could only assume they wanted us to share the bath. 

Rengoku pulled me out of my thoughts with a sudden but sweet kiss on the lips. I grew flustered and stared him in his large eyes in complete shock. He then shut his eyes and pushed his face deeper into mines, getting into the kiss. His eyebrows furrowed as he got even closer than before, now resting one of his hands against my rib area. His hand slid down more and more, until he started to get real close to my- "R-Rengoku! What are you!? An animal in heat!?" I asked sarcastically as I covered his mouth with my hand. As I pulled my hand away, he began to speak. "Well, Y/N. You know that if you're attracted to that sort of stuff, I would happily participate!" He laughed. I slapped him across the face lightly, leaving him with a big smile. "Maybe not! My apologies!" He bowed to the floor. I shook my head and placed my hand on his. I guided his head to my chest and hugged him tightly. 

"Maybe some other time. You advance so fast! Its overwhelming. And not in a terrible way, but also not in a way that arouses my interest." I chuckled nervously. His face went red as he looked up at me, soon pressing his face into my chest and wrapping his arms around me. His rubbed his cheek on my chest and let out a small sigh. "Understood, Y/N! I will try my best to learn how to seduce your interest!" He suddenly stood up and sped out of the room. I blushed and rolled around on his bed feeling flustered. That bastard!

I sat up and walked out as well. Looking around the house as I walked, I soon came to realize that Rengoku had left, and I was left to be alone with my thoughts. I sighed and opened the front door. Stepping out onto the wooden porch, I took in a deep breath of the cool evening air. I brushed my long hair out of my face and exhaled a relieved breath. As my hair partially clouded my vision, I soon decided that it would be the best idea to cut my hair. If it looked bad, I could just change my appearance and start over. 

I walked back into the house, grabbing a few clippers and walking back out again. I took a short walk outside along the path that grew from out porch. I spotted a near by river with a few lanterns beside it, and made the assumption that it was also a part of the property. I smiled happily and found myself sitting on my knees beside the river. I removed my shirt, and splashed a bit of water onto my face and body, savoring the cool feeling. Smiling as I began to cut my hair, I heard the trees rustle behind me, and sensed a powerful presence. I shivered a little and kept my guard up, putting on a now fake smile. 

Silence followed. It pierced straight trough my heart and made me tremble in fear. My smile faded as I let out a few labored whimpers, soon hearing a familiar chuckle from behind me. I quickly turned around and got into a fighting stance, only to see a bright flash of gray and blue that rushed passed me and knocked me down into the river. I coughed as I sat up, gasping for air while I listened to the entertained laughter of someone nearby who could only be, a demon.

I hastily got up but got dragged back down by the sudden rush of the river's current. My pants tugged down by the moisture making it all that much harder to move. A shiver was sent down my spine as a rush of heat enveloped my body from behind. I was too stunned to even move, considering that the presence was too strong for me to handle in this form. My eyes went wide, and my breath was almost stuck in my throat at this point. I stared straight ahead of me, watching as the trees stood completely still.  

I heard an excited chuckle as a hand slipped up my arm, and around my neck. After that, the demon wrapped its entire arm around my throat, putting me in a headlock position, but not choking me out just yet. Its other hand rested atop my head, stroking it. I felt a head rest on my shoulder, and the demon let out a relieved sigh. Its scent invaded my nose like a virus, and made me go weak in the knees. The overwhelming presence soon tightened its grip around me, before leaning in uncomfortably close to my ear. 

Its body pressed up unnecessarily close to mines, and as much as I wanted to move away, I was frozen in fear. It had been a while since I last fought with someone, and I don't think I was prepared to face a demon with an Aura as strong as this. I was pulled out of my own thoughts by the demon breathing against my ear, causing my eyes to squint in disgust. I tilted my head away from it, but its grip only tightened. I was straightened out once more, before the demon chuckled and whispered against my ear soon after. "I'll see you soon...Y/N. Lets hope I can take you sooner." I heard the smirk in his tone.

I let out a small gasp as I felt something hot and heavy press against my lower back, to just before the middle of it. I cringed as he shivered, before letting my body go but grabbing my hair into a tight grip. I let out a pained grunt and reached my hands up to hold onto his wrist. It was thick, and firm. He yanked my hair back, and quickly grabbed my the front of my neck to keep my head connected to his chest. My eyes widened as I quickly recognized the demon. Akaza's eyes squinted as he smiled down at my face, he leaned down so our eyes were only inches apart. 

"Your expression....its amazing~. I can't wait until we meet again. Goodbye for now, Y/N." He grinned and quickly bashed his head against mines, knocking me to the ground. I groaned in pain as my vision went cloudy, before I was kicked over and a few feet down the river. I didn't float down it, considering the river was only a foot high, but I certainly made an alarming smash. I heard Akaza let out a labored gasp, seeming to enjoy giving me even a bit of harm. My ears suddenly began to ring, and I passed out soon after. I guess that headbutt caused some damage huh..

((To be continued..))   ((1315 words))