18. Assistance

I shot up from my position, and looked around frantically. My head, it ached. My heart raced as I viewed my surroundings, finding that I was in my bed. I heard the door open, and quickly looked over to see who it was that had walked it. "Oh! You're finally awake I see! I have prepared something for you, my love!" Rengoku stated happily with a big grin on his face. I sighed, and smiled at him. "Thank you." I said. He sat beside me, and handed me a large bowl of what looked to be...poultry? I didn't bother asking where exactly he bought, or found this bird, I just happily accepted. He chuckled as I lifted my utensil, and began to eat. My eyes widened a little and my vision went almost blurry at the taste. I let out a moan of satisfaction at the taste of Rengoku's cooking.

Rengoku perked up and flushed red at my expressions. "This is amazing! What did you put in it?!" I asked and looked over at him. He tilted his head and pointed to a very tiny hole in his arm. "Well, a small vial of my blood. I decided to implement it in my cooking so you can gain your strength much more quickly than you normally would! Demons feed off of human flesh and blood, not everyday human foods!" Rengoku stated proudly. My jaw dropped to the floor in shock and I stared at his wide eyes. "R-rengoku...you don't have to do that for me! I'm just fine without your blood!" I shouted at him. Rengoku flinched a little, and grew a bit nervous. He crossed his arms and shut his eyes. "Oh...well. I did it because I love you, dear. And besides, you can eat it because it tastes good then." He said with a soft smile. 

I sighed and gave him back another smile, before digging into my food, and leaning up against him. His warmth made me smile even harder, as he wrapped one of his arms around my waist, lovingly. This peaceful moment would soon come to and end, as a lou pounding was heard from downstairs. I perked up and quickly placed my bowl on the small table that sat beside my bed. "Help! Someone help us...please!" A bloodcurdling scream could be heard. My blood boiled at the sound, and I quickly ran down the steps with Rengoku standed a few feet behind me. 

I threw open the front door, and looked in front of me. There, stood 3 young boys, about the same age as Tanjiro and the others. Their eyes widened in shock and fear as they saw me. I could practically feel their blood running cold at the sight of me. My appearance, it must have changed again if they seem that afraid of me. One boy with brown hair, was draped over one of the other's shoulders, and he was bruised very badly. The one with black hair, who held the boy up, had a very obviously broken wrist, but held up his friend the best he could, even with his injury. The third with white hair stood a few feet behind both of them, with his sword shakily pointed out in front of him. He looked around frantically, and his knees wobbled, from either muscle stress, or fear. 

The boys in front of me began to cry as they stared at me, but I simply ran behind them, protecting all 3. I heard heavy footsteps to my right, and quickly kicked whatever came at me. A large demon, about 2 times my height stood there with blood trickling out of his face. His tongue wiggled out of his mouth as he licked his face with it. "Outta my way, runt! I don't hav-!" Before he could finish, I swiftly lodged my hand into his throat, and ripped off his head. He grunted and his eyes widened as he looked up at me. "I don't want to get to know scum like you. Get off, my lawn!" I shouted and punted his head as far as I could. He screamed in the distance as I picked up his body, and pulled out my dagger, lodging it into the gaping hole where his head would be, before throwing his body with all my strength in the same direction as his head.

I breathed heavily and quickly put my dagger away, before looking around frantically. I turned around, to see all 3 boys staring at me with shocked expressions. The boy with the sword, looked at me with his one eye, and fell to his knees. He sword fell to the ground beside him, and he looked up at me with pleading eyes. I gently smiled, and walked up to him. I picked him up, and placed him on my shoulder. Rengoku ran outside and grabbed his sword. "I already brought the other two inside! Prepare some of your blood please!" Rengoku said. I nodded and quickly walked inside, my heart pumping rapidly. 

#Time Skip#

I grabbed my dagger, and sliced my arm. The boys watched in amazement and shock as I placed a bowl under my hand. After the blood had drained, I closed my wound, and sat in front of the boy with the missing eye. "You know, the Flame Hashira, Kyojuro Rengoku, is actually missing an eye at the moment. Although, yours is on the opposite side." I chuckled and dabbed a bit of my blood over his wounds. He tilted his head towards me as I got to his eyes. He seemed to doubt what I said. I could tell by the expression he held on his face, and how reluctant he was to accept my assistance. I gathered up their blood with my ability, and inhaled it into my system. They seemed a bit shocked by my actions for a second. 

"If you don't believe that, then you free to look at him yourself. He's standing right beside you." I chuckled and pointed my head towards Rengoku, who was using my blood to heal the others. "What...THE Flame Hashira!?" The boy with black hair spoke up. I smiled as I bandaged the boy's head, and legs. "Why, yes! How lucky you are to have come to us for help!" Rengoku said with a big grin. I rolled my eyes before picking up my wine, and taking a sip. I sighed, pulling my flute out from the drawer, and held it up t my lips. "Now be patient. Y/N must complete his song, in order for your wounds to heal. It will leave a scab, but it will fall in a day or two." Rengoku reassured. I began to play a sweet tune on my flute. The air filled with mist, and their wounds glowed with a pink aura. They shivered while my hair danced around my face, my eyes emitting a cherry red light. 

I smiled into my flute while playing the song, my heart pounding with love. A sudden clapping noise could be heard as I finished my song. The boys flinched, and grew a bit upset about me making the sudden noise. One of the boys stood up and looked at me, a big smile of admiration on his face. "You're amazing! I can breathe clearly again! And my wrist...it barely hurts!" He laughed and jumped around. I chuckled as the others begged him to sit down. "Hey! Quit making a ruckus! We are in the presence of the great Flame Hashira!" The white haired one shouted. I crossed my arms. "Yes! Say thank you, or else we'll kick you off the team!" One joked. Rengoku crossed his arms and cleared his throat. 

"I believe all of you should say thank you! Look at Y/N, and thank him for what he's done!" Rengoku said sternly. I could tell he was messing around, which is normally hard for others to notice. The boys quickly nodded and turned to me while bowing. "Thank you, Y/N! We appreciate your help. W-we would have been demon food if it weren't for your assistance!" The professional one spoke. "I agree! My eye socket feels much better now!" The white haired boy spoke. The brown haired one stayed silent, but let out a reassuring hum. "Uh, you're welcome. Now stand up everyone. We must get you some food, and allow you to get some rest. We will send you off in about 1 week." I laughed as they stood up straight. "You boys should look forward to this you know. Y/N is an amazing cook. 

((To be continued..)) ((1435 words))