|10|

§ DIVORCE §

"Words cut... but when those words came from your mouth it hurts even more.."

*note again: this is a sequel of Serendipity so there maybe familiar characters from Serendipity and major spoilers from it as well*

Heels clicking as it echoed through the halls with an annoyed look on her face once she barges in the law firm and the chief prosecutor's office with anger, eyes averting to the older male sitting behind his desk.

"Oh? Kira—" "What the hell dad?! Who said to cancel out the investigation on Kakucho Hitto?!" Kira exclaimed slamming her palms on the table and her father sighed "There wasn't enough evidence that Kimura was involved into the death of L/N F/N, And besides Kakucho Hitto was caught red handed that day. There's no reason for us to continue the investigation on Kimura." He explains and she scoffs.

"But dad! There are proof! F/N L/N stated that Kimura may have had his inheritance once he's retired but instead He gave it to his daughter Kakucho Y/N, and after finding out he would give it to her witnesses stated that he and F/N were last seen together the same day F/N L/N died." She exclaimed and he sighs.

"Kira... why're you insisting on continuing this investigation? Usually you would be bored to even look at anyone's case and just finish it quickly." He says and she frowns "Why? Cause i'm afraid we may be accusing the wrong person and sending the wrong person to jail. Kakucho Hitto maybe convicted with crimes already but that isn't what he is here for. He's here for the attempted murder on The Minister of defense's son, not as Bonten's executive." She said and he furrowed his brows at his daughter.

"My job as a prosecutor is to state the truth, not lie and fabricate evidence dad... Accusing the wrong person isn't justice. At this rate our law firm will be corrupted just like every firm." She says before turning her heels and storming out his office.

Entering her own office she sighs ruffling her hair and sitting on her chair when her investigator entered "I heard about the case.... They wanted us to stop the investigation." He says and she sighs spinning her chair while oinching the bridge of her nose.

"So far this seems to be one of the most complicated cases you've handled Prosecutor." Another voice entered and Kira raises a brow at the red haired male who entered "You again... what do you want?" She asks and he chuckles signaling her investigator to leave them.

"First the Prime minister... now the Minister of defense? Well i'd be damn, to think many of our politicians would be this corrupt." He whistles taking a chair and sitting across the female. Ryuu Watanabe, one of the special agents under the influence of the government also one of the guardians of a certain female fugitive who was also one of the complicated cases Kira handled.

"Oh nothing... considering the fact you also handled the case about the Prime minister's involvement with the Yakuza AKA the Kishimoto clan." He says and Kira sighs "Yeah i did. And i also handled that girl fugitives case... seems like she was also connected to Bonten." She explained and he hums.

"She was a good kid... eventually she seek out to hunt the Prime minister... which drove her to her death..." He says and she frowns "This case also involves Bonten... Kakucho Hitto. Bonten's no. 3 and his wife Y/N Kakucho." She explains and he hums.

"How's Yuuto?" She asks and he hums "He's... well.... Not fine? After her death he was devastated by the news.." He explained and she nods "This case is more complicated than i though though... and with the minister of defense interfering, i can't solve this case." She frowned and he hums "Well... good luck with that." He jokes and she rolls her eyes when her phone rang.