S E V E N - Leave Your Life

If I forget to say goodbye
Before I catch the plane

Would you know the way that I
Feel when I'm away?

We'll see the same sky tonight
But the stars are out of place

You'll never know the weight of my heart
Every time I leave you, babe

It's hard to break the landing
But I'll see you again

"OUT OF BED, LADIES! MOVE IT! MOVE IT! YOU CAN SLEEP WHEN YOU'RE DEAD!" I shouted, as dozens of men, leapt from their beds, and stood in a line. All with shoulders back, chins up, and chests puffed out.

I grabbed the clipboard that hung on a hook from the wall, and started making my way towards the bunks.

I went down the line, calling names as I checked the list. Each one responded with, "Sir, yes, Sir!" and a salute.

All except, Nicky!

Stubborn ass.

"Care to explain why you're not out of bed yet, Sergeant Kay?" I asked, as Nick slowly arose from his bed, mumbling a few choice words as he hit his head on the bunk.

"Come on, dude! I've already told you that it's bullshit that the first thing we hear in the morning, is some sexist or degradatory term." Nick explained, as he slowly stepped into the line. "I mean; ladies? Seriously?" Nick whined.

"Why don't ya make a formal complaint and take it up with head of, Department." I suggested, standing up tall, keeping my voice indifferent.

"You know what Jason, I might just go ahead and do that."

"That's Lieutenant, or Lieutenant Kolchek to you." I said, in my most Marine robot voice.

"Dude, stop already! These men know you're cool-"

I rolled my eyes. Trust Nick to misbehave. "Do I need to remind you of your Rank, Sergeant?" I asked, which earnt an amused smirk from, Nick.

"Oh, what's it going to be today? Fifty pushups? A hundred burpees? Would you like me to shine your shoes for you, Princess?" Nick drawled, mockingly. He earnt a few quiet sniggers from a couple other Marines, who tried to desperately cover it up with a straight face.

"Funny you ask, Sergeant Kay. A hundred pushups." I answered, and Nick's face immediately fell.

"Dude, what the fuck-"

"That's now two hundred pushups for talking back." I stated, as I glanced around the rest of the Marines, before looking back to Nick, "Correction, two hundred pushups for every Marine in this room; all because Sergeant Kay here, felt the need to disobey the rules!" I explained, which instantly started an uproar of disapproval, aimed directly at Nick.

"Feel free to slap Sergeant Kay afterwards!" I announced, as I noticed a few pissed off Marines, eyeing my friend.

"On the floor, ladies! NOW!" I demanded, and everyone obeyed, including Nick, who looked rather sheepish.

"Right, one... two... three... four..." I counted each pushup, as I circled the room of thirty men, yelling a few insults here-and-there to encourage them to move quicker!

I circled back to Nick, and stuck a foot on his back, applying some of my weight, just to make it a tad bit more difficult for him.

"Dude.. fuck! Seriously? Nick whined, but I just kept counting, "Fifty-two... fifty-three..."