𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
- 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴 -
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

•••

MAYBE I DIDN'T really talk that much on our way. We were side by side, and Drew just seemed to walk peacefully. He doesn't mind, I can see it in his eyes. But once again I do. I decided to speak up, but all I managed to say was a horsey syllable. I put my hand up, taking a time to find my voice.

This always happens to me.

My eyes narrowed as I noticed him slyly smirking. "What do you want to say?" He asked, his hand still in his pocket.

"Nothing"

"What is it?" He quickly insisted.

I sighed and came to a halt. His head turned slightly, joining me. "I'm fine here, Drew. I can't let you know where my apartment is or which building, we've only known each other for a short time."

He broke into a smile while shaking his head. His hand crept onto something in his hoodie pocket and seemed to remember something. Until he pulled out the mixed nuts and casually hand them to me. "Here, bring it" I frown, surprised that he was giving me his food.

"I thought you were craving" I said, shifting my gaze from the thing I now have in my hand and his face, "- and it's not good for the baby to ignore what she wants."

"Yeah, whatever," He replied, smirking at my pregnancy joke.

I muttered my thanks as I looked down the street. "Alright, I'll see you tomorrow."

My eyes widened as a result of what he had just said. "Tomorrow?"

"You'll be surprised."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I WASN'T SURPRISE, he was true to his every night line; "See you tomorrow" Because he shows up every day, with the same smirk and lazy eyes. Last Tuesday, while I was wiping the counter, he stormed in and leaned against the aisle, blabbering about the United Nations, GRC, and how he believes war is unnecessary for a country. I remember suggesting a line like, "Should they sit on a round table and drink tea?" I remember laughing at that, but he just scoffed, left me, and went outside to wait.

Then, this Friday, his topic was about Germans and the Holocaust.

And many more days for the last two weeks of his 'surprise' with different topics.

I won't deny that I somehow enjoyed it. It's fun to hear those forgotten things I had in school again. But sometimes it's too much information for me. I'll admit that I wasn't always the brightest student in the class.

Now that I have come to realize. I do love listening to him and we share things, random things actually, talked about movies and history for the mean time. But nothing personal, I don't know, he seems to be traditional about this. I am not saying he's into me or anything. I'm just saying that if we are a thing or - wait, wait.

Brain stop.

Too many statements in one.

I shook my head and sighed heavily. Stop thinking Laila. I took one last look around the store before turning off the lights, locking the door, and stuffing the key into my bag

Where is he? He's usually early.

After contemplating a thousand thoughts, whether to go home or wait for Drew. I found myself sitting on a humped part of the cemented floor and placed an earphone on both sides of my ear.

I put on some music and scrolled through social media for God knows how long. Until someone took one of the earphones out of my left ear and sat beside me. I know this was him, I recognized his scent - not a stalker type or anything, but I do know it actually.

I looked over at his side and was surprised at how close we are. Drew was just looking at my phone, and that's where I noticed that he was already listening to the song as I am. I handed the phone to him, which he held with both hands. That made me smile.

He was scrolling through my account and probably saw the posts of my friends. He stopped midway and stared at one post, "That's my friend Zoey. She's living in Greece now." I mumbled from what I've come up to say regarding the post. Zoey was in a girls' night out, widely grinning with a champagne sitting from her hands.

"Should I heart it?" He wondered quietly. I agreed through a hum and nodded at him, "I see" Mumbling as he double-tapped the heart.

"What happened?"

Another sound managed to escape from my throat but this time, questionably. "Between you two, what happened?"

"Nothing happened. She moved there. That's it."

"That's it? I'm sure there is something"

I sighed heavily and run a palm down my knee. "She proceeded, not a victim of the blip. That's why nothing happened"

"Well, I'm sure she knew you came back." He retorted, as a matter of fact, and looked directly at me. We are so close to one another, and this is the first time I got a better sight of his face, a really attractive. I know I have been saying that a lot of times already but I just can't help but to complement him.

I looked away, breaking whatever I felt while looking at him. Chin leaning against my knee, "She knows Drew, I called almost everybody after I came back, friends, cousins, and had a little reunion for a while, then Newton, I was here. I remember that time during the blip. I was terrified, afraid actually. I don't know what to do, everybody's crying, screaming and chaotic, some even came back while passing down the pedestrian lane. Its too much chaos for one day. You probably know that." I bit my lip and gazed back at him.

He continued to study my expression, his cerulean eyes against mine. Till he shook it off and said, "I won't dig deep."

His eyes fell down scrolling on my phone, and it just made me think all this through. My family and friends didn't really cared for me, I know my dad didn't. He didn't even realize that I was one of the people that got snapped until my face flashed through the screen. My friends are happily proceeding their life, their long awaited dream. And here I am pitying myself, can't even go to GRC for help.

I breathed out and tapped Drew's knee, "Come on, let's walk." I stood up and dusted off my pants. He tilted his head up on mine, in which made me smile. Look at this one, doesn't want to stand up. "This is the first time I listened to a song wholely"

I pressed my lips together and repeated the first word I said earlier which caused him to sigh and stand up painfully slow.

He still has my phone, and I don't mind. It's like there is something to see there, I just bought it last month. I also let him have the earphones alone, but was surprised when he tucked a hair behind my ear and placed the other one on it delicately. It made me froze on the spot when I felt his finger run aligned in my ear. I stared at him but quickly snatched it, when I got tensed again.

We walked side by side with the wired earphones on. Thankfully, it was long enough to comfortably listen to. My eyes wandered around the street signs and got a glimpse of a Chinese restaurant. I've been wanting to try and eat there but didn't have someone to eat with me. So when I finally had the courage to shake Drew off from his music trip, I grabbed the hem of his sleeve and pointed the restaurant.

"Well, that's a good idea."

.
.
.
.
.

━━━━━━━━━