When The Plot Smack Her Hard

Several months passed, and spring come to Obelia. Bella had gotten used to her life in the palace, although the alertness in her body still didn't go away. At least she never slams people if they touches her suddenly.

After Bella is caught practicing swordsmanship without a proper guide by Felix, Claude sends someone to be her sword instructor. Someone named Matteo Clark.

Ah, you remember who Matteo Clark is, right?

You know, the commander of the Obelia military first division, or known as the Sorell Knights.

It's not that Bella isn't grateful or anything. But should the Emperor appoint such an important person as her instructor? Isn't sir Matteo a busy person?

But it's okay, Bella won't complain. Because learning with Sir Matteo is fun, although at the end of every training session she would feel very sore.

"Your technique is getting better, Your Highness." Said Sir Matteo with a smile. "You really have a talent for swordmanship."

Bella smirk in satisfaction at the compliment, even though she's still lying on the ground, breathing heavily.

"Do you wish to continue today's training session, Your Highness?" Matteo asked, handing Bella a bottle of water.

Bella immediately gulped down the water before answering. "Not for today. His Majesty has invite me to a Tea Time with Princess Athanasia."

Since Bella's first Tea Time with her new family, she is invited to spend time together with them regularly by Claude at Athanasia's request. Not every day, but still often.

"Then I can not hold you back any longer, it would not be good to keep His Majesty and Princess Athanasia waiting." Matteo smiled happily, making Bella confused.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Bella asked. She then put the wooden sword she had just used into its original shelf.

Although formally learning swordmanship is what Bella's wanted, she still doesn't like it when she is required to learn from the basic using a wooden sword. Already she's rejoicing when Claude finally lifted the magic barrier of the Sapphire Palace's armory, but in the end she couldn't even hold those swords, let alone swing them.

It's all because of Felix!

"I just feel happy to see the Imperial Family trying to live in harmony," said Matteo, the man who put family above all else. "I still remember the previous generation of the Imperial family. The atmosphere around them was tense, and they did not seem to get along at all."

"You can get in trouble if people hear what you said," Bella shook her head. "Also, instead of trying to live in harmony, His Majesty invited me just for his entertainment."

That's right. Bella felt that Claude's purpose in inviting her to his Tea Time with Athanasia was to annoy her. Since he had seen Athanasia behaving cutely every day, he began to seek other form of entertainment in Bella's always retaliating reaction.

'That annoying jerk.'

Bella couldn't say those words outright to the Obelian Emperor's face, so she had to be content with just cursing him in her heart.