Party Girls

"C'mon we should go. It's going to be so much fun" Clara Castillo said in an excited voice. It took her a while but she had every intention to convince her best friend to go to Brian's party.

"Desmond is not going to let me" Sabrina responded and took a sip of her coffee. The girls were sitting at their favorite café near their high school. They both loved to visit this place after classes especially on Fridays when the weekend started and there was nothing to worry about.

"What do you mean he's not going to let you? He's your boyfriend, not your father. Just break up with this asshole" Clara said, her voice laced with annoyance and disgust. Sabrina's boyfriend was a piece of shit. Quite literally. The mere mention of his name made Clara angry.

"It's not that easy," Sabrina said looking away to not meet her friend's gaze. "I really like him"

"But what right does he have to tell you where you are allowed or not allowed to go? You deserve to have fun without worrying about what he's going to do if he finds out. It's messed up" Clara tried to convince her. She tried to turn Sabrina against Desmond for a while but so far nothing worked. It wasn't love, what Sabrina had with Desmond. More like an addiction.

"Fine, okay. You are right, we should go" Sabrina relented. Clara smiled in response to her friend's words. Finally, Sabrina one day will see that Desmond is not the man for her and she will have enough courage to tell him it's over. Clara was certain that's going to be the case.
"But hasn't your mom banned you from going to the parties ever since you got drunk at the last one?" Sabrina asked.

A playful smirk appeared on Clara's lips "Well, she doesn't need to know, right?"

That day, when Clara saw the black sky full of twinkling stars she was certain it's going to be an amazing night. Because it was so warm, she didn't need to wear anything to cover her short, sexy black dress. Her naturally dark blonde hair was tight into a messy bun, her nails were painted red and she was holding the pair of red high heels in her hands.

As an expert of sneaking out, she knew well how to leave the first-floor apartment by climbing off the window.

The party was hosted by her good friend, Brian. His parents weren't home so it was an occasion to bring a lot of people in, blast music loudly, and have a few shots of vodka without consequences. Clara was all for no consequences thing. She just wanted to have fun in life and there was little she was afraid of. If she knew how this attitude will impact her future perhaps she would stay at home that day. But she didn't.

"Thanks for inviting us, Brian" Clara said and the boy smiled at her in a flirtatious way.

Sabrina, unlike Clara, wasn't a fan of sneaking out of the house simply because it was a substantially harder task for her. Clara lived only with her mother after her parents' divorce, mother worked two shifts and she was almost never home. On the other hand, Sabrina had a happy, full family.

Thankfully, Sabrina's older brother left for college, and ever since she had more chances to bend the rules parents set for her and sneak out when they weren't watching.

One of the craziest things Sabrina did was date Desmond, the guy who was two years older than her. Speak of the devil. "Desmond is calling, I will be back in a second" Sabrina informed. Brian nodded in acknowledgment while Clara rolled her eyes and took a sip of her beer.

"Don't take too long, and don't let him intimidate you" Clara yelled at Sabrina's back.

Soon Brian was approached by a member of his team (he was a rugby player) and he was dragged away somewhere. Clara in the meantime found herself a nice place on the sofa where stoners gathered. She was sipping her drink relaxed from time to time taking a hit and passing the joint to another person.

She lost track of time but after around 20 minutes she started wondering where the hell Sabrina was.

Clara found her friend sitting on the toilet floor crying hysterically as if her pet just died. Clara kneeled to get to her level and asked. "What's going on? Sabrina talk to me"

"I broke up with him" she blurted out.

Clara hugged her in response. Seeing that her best friend is quiet Sabrina continued speaking "He asked where I am and I told him we went to Brian's birthday party and he called me a whore, he started yelling at me. He told me I should leave and I didn't. I told him it's over. I can't be with a person who can't trust me"

"This is no longer jealousy he's sick Sabrina. He tried to control you I am so proud of you for putting a stop to it" Clara said seriously"You've made a good decision. You know what you should do now?"

"What?" Sabrina asked and lifted her eyes to look with a vulnerable expression at her best friend.

"We should have fun. Drink until you forget about your problems" Clara grinned truly believing she's offering to her friend the best solution possible.

"You're right" Sabrina agreed easily.

Maybe if they went back home instead of drinking things would've turned out differently.