The Answer Is No

"What sort of demand is this?" Clara hissed. This was ridiculous. Has she done something to someone? "Why did you do this?"

"Why did you show up here to take Lorenzo away from me?"

Jealousy.

That's what Clara heard when the stranger on the other side of the line responded. Unhealthy, ugly, and raw jealousy.

Suddenly she knew where did she hear that voice before... Giorgia. That woman... She wasn't normal.

"What exactly do you expect me to do?" Clara asked.

"Isn't it simple?" She asked sweetly "I want you gone from Lorenzo's life" her voice became far less sweet. It started to be cold, emotionless, scary. "I want you to leave the country and never come back"

"And you're risking a child's life to make sure it happens? Casey is Lorenzo's family" Clara asked, she was angry.

"She's not his family. It's just some random kid his brother took in" Giorgia said in a dismissive voice "Besides... Casey's life is in your hands, not mine. If it's anyone's fault this is happening it's yours. I wouldn't have to do all this if you never showed up here"

"You're wrong. Casey matters to him, to all of them. What could possibly give you an idea that he will marry you after he finds out what you did?"

Surely she didn't believe she's going to get away with this?

"He will never find out who poisoned her. You will keep your mouth shut" she said in a self-assured voice.

"And why is that?" Clara asked in a cold voice.

"Because if you don't I will have to notify the police that you have been stalking Desmond Laffan for several years"

Clara took a deep breath.

"How do you know about this?"

"Private detectives exist, you know. I had someone keeping an eye on you ever since I found out some bitch is trying to snatch my future husband"

Ok. That woman was mental. Mental. How desperate was she? There was no logic in her actions.

Horrified Clara didn't speak, she just let Giorgia continue her unhinged speech "You thought you can just come in here and steal him from me? I have worked too hard to earn my position as his wife, you, on the other hand, need to go"

"I will leave. Just let Casey's doctors know what poison you used" Clara said submissively, for now, she was forced to play along. "And tell me how am I supposed to leave. Should I book plane tickets?"

"Place for you is already booked. You have two hours to get on the flight to Seattle. If you won't get on that plane Casey dies. And don't try to fool me if you won't be there in time I will know"

"Two hours?! That's not enough time"

"Make it enough," the voice said and hung up.

Clara started pacing around the room while she tried to figure out the best possible way to solve the situation. Tell Lorenzo everything? And then what? What happens if Casey dies because of it? She couldn't take a gamble with that child's life.