Marriage is lava

"Me and Remi are 17," Milo said.

"And what are your plans for today?"

"Party"

"Does Lorenzo know?"

They looked at each other then at her but didn't give a proper response.

"Guys"

„We thought you're cool?" Casey asked.

„Casey, we weren't planning to take you with us anyway," Remi said and rolled his eyes.

„Burn in hell," Casey snarled feeling backstabbed.

"You're not going anywhere. Got it?" Clara asked surprised by her firm tone. Ok those weren't her kids but she was still the adult in the room and if Casey got drunk at Vito's party she sure as hell would at whatever they were planning to go with the boys. So Clara had no desire nor need to be a cool aunt.

"Fine, fine relax. Just don't tell Lorenzo we came up with this idea okay?" Remi said with his hand raised in the sign of defeat.

"Fine" Clara admit reluctantly because there was no need to get them in trouble for having a stupid idea.

„You can leave it, Valentina will clean it up," Milo said seeing Clara picking up the dirty dishes and taking them to the sink.

Of course, they had housekeepers to do all the chores for them. She was planning to clean after herself anyway, she would feel bad for leaving dirty plates to just lay around.

"It's okay I will do it"

"Okay, see you. Thank you for the food" Remi said easily and with Milo and Casey they left the kitchen.

🔆🔆🔆

When Clara finished cleaning she entered the living room to see all three kids playing PlayStation and her eyes started sparkling with interest.

"You're playing Shadows of the Damned?" Clara asked her eyes sparkling with excitement.

"You know it?"

Clara nodded eagerly. "Can I join?" She asked.

"Do you need a small tutorial?" Remi asked.

Clara's lips turned into a smirk. Oh, that kids had no idea what they were in for. "I think I'm going to be fine"

"Then by all means show us what you got" he invited and gave her a spare pad.

"Girls vs boys then?" Casey smiled diabolically. Remi and Milo quickly agreed, hopeful that Clara sucks.

Unfortunately, Clara was better than all of them.

"What the fuck?" Remi muttered after he was killed again. Milo threw his pad at the sofa behind him and picked up his book unwilling to speak with anyone. Casey on the other hand had the time of her life and she was just being taught by Clara how to be a pro and laughing every time Remi or Milo is sniped out of the game.

It was a time well spent and Clara enjoyed the company of Lorenzo's family.

Lorenzo came back home two hours later. He said goodbye to the kids, told them to behave, and took Clara to the guest house so she could change her clothes into something casual and then they were on the road again.

They were driving for a while but instead of demanding to know where they're going right away Clara relaxed and enjoyed the views. They were driving along the coast and deep blue sea color blended with clear blue sky. It was breathtaking.

Of course at some point, after two hours have passed she decided to ask "What's our destination? We've been driving for a while" Clara said.

"Etna," Lorenzo said shortly.