Alpha male

"How are you feeling?" Lorenzo asked, very much concerned. That was the first thing he said to her when he showed up in her room.

"Like shit, for now. But also good enough for you to not call a doctor" she said truthfully and he chuckled in response.

"How was the conversation with your father?" He asked changing the topic.

"Well, he apologized to me. To my shock"

"You know that you don't have to accept his apology right?" Lorenzo's voice hardened "He cannot force you to do anything if he tries I will make sure to"

"Lorenzo relax. Jeez, tame your inner alpha male" Clara said trying to calm him down, and a smirk appeared on Lorenzo's face.

"Did you just call me an alpha male?"

"I meant annoying male," she said dryly, he looked like he was a step away from making fun of her. She will not have it.

"Sure," he said rolling his eyes, he said still smiling.

"Thank you for showing up to save" Clara changed the topic. She had to.

"Don't thank me. I should've stopped you from leaving Italy when I could"  Lorenzo said now in a serious voice "If I did none of this would've happened" he said in a guilty voice.

"No. What are you talking about? Casey was about to die and she's just a kid. You had every right to have their focus on her most and foremost"
Clara said in a serious voice but it seems like Lorenzo still didn't believe her.

"Clara, what are you doing? Lie down" he ordered. But Clara wasn't listening. She just leaped towards him to give him a hug. When her arms wrapped around his neck his arms automatically wrapped around her waist. There were standing like this for a while, it was a bit uncomfortable because of Clara's useless hand but she wasn't complaining that much. It felt so good to be in his arms.

Lorenzo started gently stroking her back and she started sobbing into his shirt. The last few days were too much.

"How is Casey?" She said while sniffling and messing up his black shirt with her tears.

"She's fine. A little shaken but physically she fully recovered. Her security arrangement is being updated right now"

Clara nodded wordlessly accepting his words. Now it was just them. And somehow she was uncertain what's going to happen next.

"How did you find me, exactly?" Clara asked out of curiosity.

"I knew about all Desmond's hideouts. As soon as I learned what he did to Sabrina I started gathering information about him"

"And what about Giorgia? Have you learned about her full plan?"

"Unfortunately, yes. She planned to kill you first" Clara froze as he revealed this and his hug tightened in reassurance "But she realized that it would be too messy, your surname once again saved you. Instead, she slipped poison into Casey's drink. She was planning to force you to leave and as a result, I was meant to hate you for abandoning me in this situation. She then planned for Casey to get better and as you're no longer in Sicily she wanted to seduce me while I'm broken-hearted" he snorted "She assumed incorrectly that her identity would never be revealed. She assumed that I would be able to fall in love with her or at least settle for less. I laughed in her face when I heard that ridiculous plan" he said in disgust.

Honestly, Clara was afraid to ask what happened to Giorgia considering Lorenzo's scary expression.

"I'm glad that you stayed to settle this. You couldn't have known Desmond is planning to attack me" Clara said.

"Right. Speaking of that, You called your brother to ask for help earlier. How did you know Desmond is planning to attack you?" He pulled away a little to look her in the eyes. His dark brown eyes were cold, collected, and demanded answers. Suddenly she felt nervous.

"Noah told me"

"What Noah?" Lorenzo asked, unhappy.

"My friend," Clara said curtly.

"You have a male friend?" Jealousy appeared in Lorenzo's voice and Clara had to stop herself from rolling her eyes.

"Yes, I do. So what?" She rolled her eyes. Gosh, this man was so dramatic.

"And how did Noah of yours know that Desmond is planning something?" Again, suspicion.

"Not "of mine" he's just Noah, okay?"

"Answer the question Clara"

"Oh my, my head is starting to hurt," she said and started rubbing her temples.

"Lie down" he commanded sharply and gently but firmly pushed her towards the pillow. "Sleep. We will finish this conversation after you rest"

"I'm fine we can talk" she tried to get up but he wouldn't let her.

"Should I call for someone to give you a sedative?" Lorenzo challenged. Clara shook her head wordlessly and closed her eyes. Jeez, what an overbearing man.

The next day when she woke up he was still here. He was sleeping on the chair. The corners of Clara's lips lifted involuntarily.

She was feeling better now. She got out of bed quietly trying not to wake Lorenzo up and stood up. Her legs were a little shaky but her head wasn't hurting that much. She took the clothes that were neatly folded on the nightstand and went to the bathroom to put on her clothes.

In the meantime, Lorenzo had to enter the bathroom without knocking.

"Who told you, you can move out of the bed?" He asked sternly, he came closer and Clara hit her back against the cold bathroom wall. He was looking at her closely with a serious, cold expression.

"What if I was taking a shit?" Clara asked dryly, trying not to show him how intimidating he is when he does that.

"Way to make things romantic" he snorted and shook his head. Clara noted with great relief that the amusement she was so used to came back to his voice. Finally, she hated when he was so serious.

"Lorenzo, I'm half-naked. Get out you pervert"

"I'm not going anywhere"