Sugar Daddy

What a weird feeling to be unemployed.

She really didn't like it. But at the end of the day, she could focus more on looking for a job she actually wants to do. She also had more time for procrastination so she started binge-watching Squid Game series.

While the professor was speaking she was planning to check the job offers and there wasn't really anything interesting so she decided to just start again tomorrow. She decided to take it easy because she had enough shit to deal with at the moment.

Antonio arrived at her place right before 5 p.m. and she didn't even bother to ask where are they going. He wouldn't tell her anyway.

"Beauty salon?" Clara asked surprised when they arrived at their destination.

The place looked really fancy with black and white marble being the theme of the exterior. The moment she opened the doors she was greeted by a female employee who was wearing a neat black outfit and her dark brown hair was tightly wrapped into a bun.

"Ms. Castillo, right?"

"Yes?"

"Follow me, please. The team is already waiting"

Clara soon learned what she meant by a team. Hairdresser, makeup artist, two nail technicians, and "coordinator". It was insane. She felt like she's being attacked by the hoard of piranhas who just smelled fresh blood.

Soon she ended up sitting on a chair with her face and nails painted and hair styled. She was cursing Lorenzo to high heaven for wasting her time with this nonsense. But when the employees finished their job Clara barely could recognize herself in the mirror. She looked... pretty? 

She blinked several times. Beautiful. She was beautiful. Holy shit.

Her pale skin was complemented by a nice pink blush added to her cheeks. Her normally straight blonde hair was styled into beautiful curls. This hairstyle reminded her a little of the 70s but it had a visible modern touch to it. Her eyelids were painted with blue and silver color eyeshadows.

In the record time she had her hair done, makeup done, nails done and finally one of the girls said "We're almost done. Do you like it?"

"It's beautiful. Thank you," Clara said awkwardly. "You said almost?"

"Mr. Vincenti has left clothes for you"

Clara was led to the changing room where she saw a white, one-shoulder dress,  above the knee length. Right next to it there were white shoes with red soles. She knew they belonged to a luxury brand, what was that called? Christopher Loubovin?

Clara checks the designer label of the dress and turns out it was Prada. She also noted black classic Chanel bag as she was putting the clothes on. When she left she was provided with a new coat as well.

Lorenzo Vincenti was insane. How much money can a person spend on clothes? Does he think he's her sugar daddy or something? Now don't get her wrong. Clara acknowledges his gesture it was really nice of him to pay for all that. But it made her feel... cheap. It had nothing to do with her being too spoiled to appreciate what he provided. It made her feel uncomfortable. 

She had experienced living in luxury until she was 7. And then everything she was used to was taken away from her. Clara and her mother could only afford a modest lifestyle. So Clara earned to never take anything from anyone. She felt like she needs to earn everything she has in life in order for it to fully belong to her.

Not to mention her personal style. She preferred casual clothes.

With all that in mind, she was sitting in the backseat of Antonio's car while he was driving her to the meeting with Lorenzo.

She didn't have to wait in a long line that was outside of the restaurant. Antonio led her straight to the entrance where she was greeted by the waiter that served her and Lorenzo the last time she was here. The man was wearing a classical tuxedo with a bow reminding her about the elevated status of the place she was in.

This time she received looks of admiration and jealousy from the guests. Has she really that looked good? Not important.

What's important is that Lorenzo looked perfect as ever.

He was sitting at the table with a glass of champagne in his hand. He was wearing a double-breasted smoky-grey suit and a shirt of the same color. His medium-length, golden-brown hair was combed to the side giving him an elegant look. He instantly got up and got closer to her.

"You look stunning my lady" he greeted and in a chivalrous gesture, he kissed her hand. He then moved the chair from the table.

"I was nailed to the chair for 3 hours" she informed him dryly, taking a seat. He leaned over her "Girls did an excellent job, I will make sure to leave them a generous tip" he said, his dark brown eyes gleaming with mischief.

"Mr. Vincenti, you're too close"

"You continue this nonsense? Call me Lorenzo"

"Red"

This is when servers entered the room and started feeling the table with all kinds of dishes. Olives, dried tomatoes, pesto, baked vegetables, and all kinds of cheeses and slices of meat.

Lorenzo went silent and took a seat in front of her. He didn't look mad. More like interest.

"What a unique reaction. Thank you, Fabio"

"You're welcome sir" Fabio responded, and bowed politely before leaving the room.

"Are you afraid of losing control and getting close to me Clara? Tell me"

Shit. When did he realize it's the exact reason why she refuses to use his name? She knew it was stupid because they were already close but she wanted to lie to herself that they aren't that it's nothing but just a few days spend in the company of a stranger. But when she thought about it her heart ached.

Seeing her internal struggle Lorenzo didn't want to torture her with silence anymore "This time you're not leaving until you eat your meal" he said referring to delicious antipasti that was brought to them

"Yes, father," she said, reaching for a piece of freshly baked bread and an olive oil bottle.

"I prefer daddy, but if formality works for you better you can call me that as well," he said and sent her a dashing smile.

This man was impossible.