chapter thirty-three: Transported to Snow

"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

~*~

"Malekith is going to fire the Aether at a spot where all the nine worlds are connected," Jane said.

"Amplifying the weapon's impact," Erik added. "With each additional world, the power will increase exponentially. The effect would be universal."

"Yes, well the alignment is only temporary. He must be in exactly at the right place at the right time," Thor said.

"Which I'm sure he will be," I said dryly. "We just need to be there as well."

"Well, how do we know where that is?" Darcy asked.

"We follow the directions. This has happened before, thousands of years ago, and The Ancients were there to see it," Erik said as he took out a map of the British Isles. "All the great constructions: the Mayas, the Chinese, the Egyptians, they made use of the gravitational effects of the Convergence."

"And they left us a map," I concluded as Erik started drawing the points.

"Stonehenge. Snowdon, the Great Orme. These are all coordinates taking us here," Erik concluded as he pointed to the map.

"Fancy that," I said with a raised brow. [he points to Greenwich on the map]

"Greenwich?" Ian questioned.

"The walls between worlds will be almost non-existent. Physics is gonna go ballistic," Jane said. "Increase and decrease in gravity, spatial extrusions. The very fabric of reality is gonna be torn apart."

"Sounds lovely, I should bring a coat," I said. Then Thor summoed Mjolnir, "show off."

"I better get my pants," Erik said decisively.

"Yes, wouldn't want to be arrested for indecent exposure," I said brightly.

~*~

"Well, that's different," I said as I looked around and saw portals opening above us. "Though, I really don't like snow, so let's just stay here."

"We may not live this day," Thor said.

"I can't die, remember?"

"You never know, perhaps the Aether," Thor suggested.

"It's a cool way to die," I said smiling. Suddenly, Malekith's giant ship appeared on the River Thames. "I've always thought that river strange."

"Shall we?" Thor asked.

"Just don't throw me," I muttered as Thor picked me up and we landed right in front of Malekith and his dark elves.

"You needn't have come so far, Asgardians! Death would have come to you both soon enough," Malekith taunted.

"Not by your hand!" Thor said firmly.

"Though, I invite you to try," I said sarcastically.

"Your universe was never meant to be. Your world and your family will be extinguished," Malekith said as he used the Aether to attack us. I ducked under it before running towards him. Thor was trying to block the blasts, but it was difficult.

"You. Are. Annoying," I shouted at Malekith. Each word I emphasized with my sword slashing at him. He dodged each attack, but it gave Thor a chance to get back up. I quickly tried to block the blast from the Aether with my sword, but I still went flying back into a column. "Very annoying."