Chapter 2

Chapter 2

When I woke up my eyes immediately snapped open and the first thing I noticed was that I was no longer in the throne room. I also noticed that the gods weren't here and I was somewhere else.

I looked around and saw that the room I was in was small and comforting. I noticed I was in a twin sized bed by the window.’ Wait’, I thought. ‘What am I doing in a bed.’ The bed was warm and soft. It had blue bed sheets and dark blue pillowcases with a random shirt hanging off the end of the bed.

“Where on Earth am I?” I wondered aloud.

I looked around, and blinked my eyes repeatedly wishing this was a dream. I finally noticed where I was...but how did I get here was the question.

I was in my old dorm room in Yancy Academy.

My head started swimming. This wasn't. This couldn't be possible. There was no way… How is this possible?

I threw off the covers and immediately noticed that I felt weaker than before. I tried to find a reason why I felt like this, but I couldn't think of anything. I looked around until I knocked something over. I went to pick it up and saw how small my hands were compared to what they were yesterday.

“WTF!?” I whispered loudly.

I ran out of the room as quickly and quietly as I could and ran down the hall. I went outside to the nearest water fountain.

When I arrived at the front of the building I hurried and looked into the water. I was a whole lot younger than before I realized as I looked at my appearance. I realized I was currently at the age of twelve in my old body.

I had a random thought. ‘If I am currently a twelve year old boy...did I go back in time? And if so, am I still as strong as I was before, or as powerful?

I decided to try to answer my own questions by seeing how far along I am in with my water powers.

I closed my eyes in concentration and focused on moving the water in the fountain. I felt the usual tugging sensation I get when I use my powers, but it was a lot stronger and harder to control than what I was used to. The water was easier to control than when I was twelve in the past, but it wasn't as strong or easy as it was before I came here.

When I was deep in thought a light turned on, which freaked me out slightly and I moved silently through the halls to my dorm. I hurried, got into my beed and layed down.

‘I wonder…’ I thought. ‘Do the Fates know of my current development?’ I pondered that thought for a while, then just decided to ignore it for now. I had a long and eventful night so I decided I would go back to sleep and deal with everything in the morning.

Time Skip

When I woke up, I stretched and looked around. I sat up and wondered if I still had the curse of Achilles. I grabbed a pocket knife I saw sitting on my dresser and lightly cut my wrist. I grabbed a bottle of water and dumped a little on the cute to heal it. Well that answered my question, I no longer have the Achilles curse.

I glanced at my alarm clock and saw that it said it was 6:25. I hurriedly got up and scampered around the room looking for anything to tell me what exactly I was supposed to do in this stupid school. I didn't remember where my classes were, what classes I had or even where they were located. All I remembered was that my first class started in thirty minutes. I didn't remember any of it… well I remembered Chir-Mr. Brunner's class.

I found an information sheet for a field trip to the Metropolitan Museum of Art crumbled up on the floor by the dresser. I wonder what day it was. If I could figure it out it would help me figure out what today's date was.