Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I hailed a taxi and hopped in the front seat. I looked back and noticed the others were still standing there awkwardly.

“C’mon guys we’re on a schedule here. Get in.”

“Where to?”

"Los Angeles, DOA Recording Studios please."

“DOA Recording Studios?” Annabeth mouthed questioningly to Grover who shrugged.

“What’s there?” Bianca asked curiously.

“A lot of things, but it's gonna be our final destination.”

The cabbie chewed his cigar and sized us up. "That's over three hundred miles. You gotta pay upfront, kid."

"Annabeth,” I said quietly asking for her card. “You accept casino debit cards right?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Some of 'em. Same as credit cards. I gotta swipe 'em through first."

I handed him her green LotusCash card.

He looked at it skeptically.

"Swipe it," Annabeth suggested.

He did.

His meter machine started rattling. The lights flashed. Finally, an infinity symbol came up next to the dollar sign.

The cigar fell out of the driver's mouth. He looked back at us, his eyes wide. "Of course your... uh, Majesties?"

Annabeth sat up a little straighter. you could tell she liked the ‘Your Majesty.

"Thank you, and can you add two more stops to that, we need to go to The Santa Monica Pier, first."

"If you get us there fast, you can keep the change." Annabeth interrupted, making him gain a greedy look.

She shouldn't have told him that because the cab's speedometer never dipped below ninety-five throughout the whole ride through the Mojave Desert.

On the road, we had plenty of time to talk, so talk we did.

“So…” Grover said awkwardly. “Who are your new friends?”

“This is Bianca and Nico Di Angelo, they are Demigods, like us.”

They looked at me wide-eyed.

“They’re half-bloods!?! what were they doing there?”

“I don't know, why dont you ask them? They're right beside you and it's rude to talk about someone like they aren't even there.”

That made both of them blush in embarrassment.

“Sorry.” They muttered sheepishly.

“It's okay, I guess, and I-I uh I-” She frowned. “I don't remember.”

We all look at her with sympathetic looks. 

“That's ok,” I said patting her on the back. “You'll figure it out. Eventually.”

She nodded and looked out the window, everyone else following her example and enjoying the view. I sighed and looked out the window thinking of everything that was about to happen and how its gonna change.

Maybe I can appease to Hades if we bring his children to him, but how would I explain everything to Hades? Maybe I should leave them behind and get the taxi driver to bring them to Camp, while we're on our quest.

I hummed in thought and looked at all of the positives and negatives if they stayed.

Positives
They won't get involved
I won't have to lie to Hades
I don't have to make him an enemy and ruin everything if things go wrong
I won't get killed
The Di Angelos won't get hurt
Everything stays mostly the same