Prologue

Hi everyone. My name is Ishani. I have been a viewer of the show BARRISTER BABU since it started airing. I had always made up imaginary sequences of my Anidita in my head but ofcourse nothing like that happened in the show. I had also imagined how the post leap journey of Anidita will be and how the tracks shown in the serial may happen. It was only after I started reading Saffi di's Fanfiction that I got inspired to write a fanfiction so that I can pen down what I had imagined my Anidita would be like after Bondita secures a Barrister degree.

Set in pre independent Bengal , ANIDITA: A TALE OF ETERNAL LOVE is an imaginary story of two individuals, Anirudh Roy Chowdhury, a 20 year old London return Barrister,  whose only aim is to improve the condition of women in his country , and Bondita Roy Chowdhury/ Bondita Das,  a village girl, who has the courage to ask questions which even adults cannot imagine and don't have answers to. In an effort to save a 12 year old Bondita from becoming a Sati, Anirudh marries Bondita. As time passes, Anirudh and Bondita become really good friends. Soon Anirudh decides to send Bondita to school and hence, Bondita becomes the first girl in Tulsipur, her in laws' village, to ever go to school. Both husband and wife share one dream, that is, sending Bondita to London to secure a Barrister degree. With Anirudh's support and under his guidance, Bondita manages to excel in her studies and always stands first in her class in all the subjects. But soon there is a major change of events. The British GovernGovernment passes a law that Child Marriage is illegal and is a punishable offence. Due to his alliance with the Brahmo Samaj, the members urge him to set an example for the society by breaking off his marriage and giving Divorce to his wife.  Even though both Bondita and Aniruddh are reluctant, they decide to do the unthinkable just to encourage and spread awareness in the society about how Child Marriage is wrong. They sign the Divorce papers thus leading to the annulment of their marriage.  Both the Roy Chowdhury and the Das families are heartbroken and against their decision. But eventually both the families give in and accept the decision of their children. Even after being legally divorced, Aniruddh doesn't leave the side of Bondita and continues to be her mentor and friend. After some days , Anirudh sends Bondita to London to complete her studies.

What is their journey like after 8 years? What more challenges does Bondita face being the first lady Barrister of Tulsipur? Will they ever fall in love with each other? What will their love story look like?

To know more , Read ANIDITA: A TALE OF ETERNAL LOVE.