CHAPTER 18

Bondita kept on looking at Anirudh expectantly, eagerly waiting for his answer. Anirudh was still holding her close and Bondita's hands were still there on his chest. Anirudh just looked at his lady love and was trying to put his thoughts to words. But he was taking a lot of time to answer, making Bondita restless and impatient. Bondita somehow managed to free herself from his hold and with tears in her eyes, she said, " It is alright Sakha Babu if you don't love me in a romantic way. I will not force you to love me or impose my love on you. It is a matter of luck to be loved back by the one you love and my luck in this matter is very bad. It is alright Sakha Babu, you do not need to feel guilty, trust me, I am happy. I am not sad." Bondita was behaving in a hysterical way. Sh was hurt but yet she did not want Anirudh to repentfor being the cause of her this condition. For the first time ever, Bondita expected Anirudh to love her back and speak those three beautiful words , but all in vain.

Just as she was about to leave the study, Anirudh again held her wrist and pulled her close to him. This irritated Bondita a bit. If he doesn't want to say anything, then why is he behaving as if he is trying to say something? Bondita said with irritation in her voice, " What is it, Sakha Babu? Why can't you just leave me and let me go? I was not planning to confess all this to you but you made me say all this. Now how am I supposed to face you? How will our relation look like now? It is all spoilt. Now you will feel awkward around me. You--". Bondita stopped speaking as Anirudh bent down to kiss a tear that fell from her eye to her cheek. Anirudh' soft lips on Bondita's cheeks made her go weak in the knees. She just wanted to push him and run away but his grip around her waist was too tight for her to do so. She just melted there. Anirudh then without any warning, started showering wet kisses on her cheeks.

Bondita was feeling as if she was the most loved and cared for woman on this earth because her Sakha Babu was making her feel so good. Anirudh then kissed her forehead , her eyeslids, her nose and her chin in quick succession. All this while, Bondita kept her eyes closed, feeling the intensity of his kisses. Anirudh then looked lovingly at Bondita while her eyes were still closed. He then said softly, " Bondita , open your eyes!". Bondita opened her eyes, only to find her Sakha Babu looking at her with utmost affection. Before she could say anything, Anirudh put a finger on her lips. " Sshhhh!", Anirudh indicated her to stay silent.

" You were able to make out from my expressions that I was traumatised from that attack that happened that day. But you failed to understand my feelings and my love for you. How is it possible that you could not understand that I am in love with you, My Bondita? You are someone who does not need words to understand my feelings and expressions. How could not you see that I am passionate about you? How? How could you even think that I will not reciprocate your feelings? I am the luckiest man to be loved by you, Bondita. You are my world. No, I am not lying. Only your name is written all over my body, my soul, my heart and my mind. My whole existence is because of you", said Anirudh while Bondita looked at him, shocked. Bondita was not able to believe what she just heard. Is Sakha Babu really in love with me, she wondered.

Taking Bondita's hand in his and placing it on his chest so that she could feel his heartbeats, he continued, " My heart also beats for you. You are the reason why I am alive. My heart dances and beats at your rhythm. Yes Bondita, your Sakha Babu is in love with you. And this time it is a romantic love, a love that consists of man-woman passion, a love that makes one desire for the other. I LOVE YOU , BONDITA DAS. I LOVE YOU A LOT!"

Bondita could not believe what he just said. She was still in disbelief. Anirudh held her hand and lead her towards the couch, where the book and his diary were hidden behind a cushion. Anirudh removed the cushion and handed over both the book and his diary, to Bondita. He said, " If you still cannot believe my words, you can read these two and you will be able to believe my words then." Bondita took the book and the diary both. She sat down on the couch and immediately started reading the diary. As she was turning the pages of the diary, her face was turning into a even darker shade of red. Anirudh saw her blush and smiled. After reading the whole diary, she looked at Anirudh with tears again and stood up. She hugged him tightly.