Chapter 5

-Do we really have to listen all of this? I wish I were deaf.-sighed Sunghoon. The werewolves were partying outside, while the vampire get the here all of that, the music and everything.-I am already weak and listetning this shitty music makes me weaker....
-Don't be dramatic Sunghoon.-rolled Jake his eyes while smiling. There were two small beds, and that's what they were sitting on. The whole cell was enough for only two beds and a toilett and that's it, it was utterly small for two people.
-Shouldn't we try to communicate with other vampires?-asked Jake from Sunghoon.-Maybe we can get important pieces of information and we can get out of here?
-There's no use.
They heard a man's voice most probably who was next to their cell. They walked closer to the wall.
-What do you mean there's no use?-asked Sunghoon as him and Jake sat down next to each other closer to the wall.-And can you tell me what's happening here exactly?
-Well.-started the man.-You know the basic informations already about the ritual but there's more to it.
The man sounded like he lost his will to live and there was no power in his voice.
-Sorry to interrupt but how many days have passed since you've eaten?-asked Jake concerned. Maybe they will be starved for a long time and they wanted to be prepared.
-3 weeks.-said the man.
Sunghoon and Jake gasped and looked at each other in shock.
-Anyway, as you know you guys are injected with vervain but that's not only it.
-What do you mean?-asked Sunghoon scared of the answer.
-The werewolves have made a potion that makes vampires more hungry. But not only for human.... vampire blood too.
-Wait, you can't be serious.-said Jake standing up.
-I'm deadly serious. It makes you want to drink other vampires' blood. You are gonna crave it so bad, it's really the worst.
-Jake, that's is not good. So bad. Am I gonna eat you? Or you will? We are in the same cell...-Sunghoon panicked while walking around, as much as he could.-I don't wanna be eaten and I don't want to eat you. No no.
-Calm down, Sunghoon. I don't think they can success in making such a potion. I think they just wanna mess with us.-said Jake holding Sunghoon's hands. As they locked eyes it became awkward so Jake quickly pulled away.
-The potion works....-said the man again.-I killed him...I-I was too hungry. I just couldn't take it anymore.
-You killed who?-asked Jake.
-My best friend, who was here with me.-sighed the man and he was on the verge of crying.-It's a test. The one who survives is the stronger, and he will continue the competition. It's cruel and you can't fight it. Sorry guys.
-Sunghoon.-said Jake slowly looking at his friend.
-So there's no way out of it? Either we kill each other or we'll get killed in the tests or games or what the fuck it is.
Sunghoon was furious while Jake just sat down on his bed looking at his hands.
-EJ. K. Get your ass here.-shouted Sunghoon as loud as he could.
-What are you doing?-asked Jake looking up.
-I'll get us out of here.
Then he started pushing and kicking the door with all his power. But it wasn't damaged at all...
-Ah fuck you.-he shouted and suddenly it was silent. -Fuck you and your kind I hope you die and you'll suffer. You can't do this to us, just come here and I'll rip your head off.
-It's enough Sunghoon.-said Jake and Sunghoon looked at him. It was the first time Jake saw this kind of aggression in Sunghoon's eyes. It was terrifying even for him.-Sunghoon stop it. Calm down.-he said standing up and grabbed the other's shoulder.
-I promise you we'll get out of here. But we need a better plan. Kicking the door is not gonna do anything. Let's be smart for once.-said Jake looking into Sunghoon's eyes and it starting going back to normal.
-I know, I'm sorry. I'm just desperate.
-Me too Sunghoon. -then they sat down again on the bed.
-I'd just rather be dead than to kill you. I can't do that Jake.-confessed Sunghoon looking at the floor.
It shocked Jake at first, he didn't expect Sunghoon to say this.